“Relaxing Spot:” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Georges Mills Cottages

Georges Mills Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georges Mills
Georges Mills Cottages
1373 Rt. 11, Georges Mills, NH 03751   |
boston
“Relaxing Spot:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

My wife, I and family have stayed here numerous times and enjoyed it. Yes the cabins are rustic but always clean upon arrival. Spec the owner is a pleasure to deal with very helpful and accomodating. We prefer the cabins for privacy. There are restaurants nearby our favorite is Commonman in Claremont. I think at the beach the furniture needs to be updated.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Coral Gables, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I stayed at Georges Mills for 4 nights. Found a used condom in a bedroom, bathtub and shower curtain were moldy, the toilet leaked and the furniture was too disgusting to sit in. I should have known the place was going to be nasty when I went into the owners office. There were 4 or 5 dirty plates, an open 18-pack of toilet tissue on the floor ("take one if you think you will be needing more than is in your room") and insulation draping from the ceiling in Spec's office. Now let me say that I am a guy and a hunter. I stay out in the woods for many days without bathing. I know dirty. But this place was awful. Even at the low prices, I felt ripped off.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
spotswood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2010

the cottage we stayed in lokked nothing like the pictures. furnture is old and worn out could not relax on couch afyer skining . beds worn out .save your money stay some where else.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We have stayed here twice before in Sugarplum cottage and also in Birch - no problems other than a comedy waterleak one night in Sugarplum. Rustic but fine. We stayed in Oak whch was very luxurious and was practically brand new. Everything was brand new and we were very comfortable. Georges Mills Cottages provide reasonably priced accommodations - just pick carefully.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Montreal QC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

The photos look great, but they are well cropped. The cabin was rundown (albeit clean) and smelled very bad. Could not bear to eat inside. It was also right on the road. The so-called beach was non-existent, access to the pier slippery and dangerous except for kids. Boats in disrepair (broken oars, etc.) & filthy. If you think you are renting a place in nature, forget it. I don't know how people can say this is just rustic. It is not rustic. The office is disgusting so from the get-go, you wonder if you are at the Bates Motel... The area around Lake Sunapee has a great deal to offer but if you imagine a beach type vacation or a serene getaway, spend your hard-earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

We absolutely loved this place. After reading some of the reviews, we were prepared for sulfur in our water, noise from the traffic and an unsightly view across the lake. None of these things were true. The water was fine. There was some traffic but you could not hear it from the back bedroom or living room. The view was beautiful. Sure, there was a smoke stack on a building across the lake. We would rather it hadn’t been there but it was a minor distraction. A big (and welcome surprise) for us was how comfortable the queen sized bed was.

To us, the advantages of being right on the water, having a living room and kitchen were ideal. Having the screened in porch overlooking the lake was wonderful. I sat out there every night. We were impressed that management upgraded us to the Laurel (at no extra charge) because the renovations weren’t complete on the Lady Slipper. The Laurel sleeps 6. Personally, I think if 6-people were renting this in the winter, seating might be a little tough. In the summer with the outside seating on the porch, you’d have no problem. Of course, if you’re mainly using the cabin as a place to crash while you’re running back and forth to the attractions, it would be perfect.

My husband and I are in our late 50’s and we love traveling. Personally, we’d rather stay at a less expensive location than a fancy hotel room. We’ll spend the money we save on another trip and we thoroughly enjoy having the extra room in a cabin. After hearing about our trip, my 82-year old mother is planning a trip to the Sunapee area and wants to stay here! Cabins definitely aren't for everyone but if you're not looking for a luxury hotel, this could be perfect for you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

My son and his wife rented the Birch cabin and my other son and I came from NY to meet up for the weekend. Very rustic but comfortable. Loved the solitude. The cabin was clean and the view from ther back poarch was beautiful! The wood stove was a nice touch too. My only complaint was the beds weren't to my liking.(lumpy) But so what? This isn't the Holiday Inn and we all had a great time!

• Stayed March 2010

Been to Georges Mills Cottages? Share your experiences!