“A must place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maria Atwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Franklin
Maria Atwood Inn
You added Maria Atwood Inn to your Saves list
71 Hill Road, Route 3A, Franklin, NH 03235   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Franklin B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Moorpark
“A must place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Any place we stay needs to go through my wife a veteran RN, and I’m very happy to say, this place past with an exceptional rating from her! Everything was just wonderful, no, “ wonderful & perfect!” We didn’t think we’d get a room here, being that the Inn was booked during those days we were going to be in the area. I saw that they had one day one room available but also that they require a two day minimum stay! I contacted the Inn and suggested that because they did not have the three days we were looking for, that they should at least let us stay that one day, they agreed!

Let me tell you! The room was beautiful, exceptionally clean and accommodating with all the amenities normally associated with contemporary hotels. Compared to other B & Ds, the price was right too! Our only regret was that we did not get to stay longer! I found this place by watching an advertisement recommendation video by the “askthebuilder.com, Tim Carter”. Because I have so much trust in what Tim has to say, I told my wife “this is where we need to stay”. I am so glad I do have that trust and respect in Tim, because he was right again!

Sandi and Fred Hoffmeister are two of the most wonderful people! I don’t think we’d been there for more than 15 minutes, and knew that we had made two new friends. Fortunately for us we were the late ones getting to breakfast (everyone else had already eaten), affording Sandi and Fred the time to sit with us. We must have talked for a couple of hours! I had two of my favorite pastimes “eating a great breakfast and having great conversation, with nice people”. We can’t wait to go back to New Hampshire, and especially stay at the “Maria Atwood Inn!” My wife and I highly recommend this B&D! If you’re going to be he area for fall colors, winter events, summer events or what ever event “stay here” you won’t regret it, I promise!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

The Atwood Inn was just wonderful. Sandi is a great hostess and very gracious. My husband is not a scone fan but the ones served us, warm from the oven were so good, he is converted! The rest of our breakfast was also delicious.

The rooms are beautiful and everything is so well cared for and top of the line, all the way from the linens to the decorative items. The inn is close to many areas we wanted to visit. The next time we go East, we'll definitely return and stay longer.

Jo and Jerry Kruger, Hudson, W.I.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were told about the Atwood by friends. It was all they said it was – a real home-from-home! The rooms are clean, comfortable and cosy, and the welcome warm and sincere. And as for Sandy’s breakfasts – they are legendary. She cooks up an amazing plateful, different every day, then we had to find room for her freshly-made scones!
If you are in the area, you must book a room. If you’re not in the area, MAKE A DETOUR!!!

Norfolk, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

We were looking for a place to relax for the night. Nothing fancy; just something peaceful. What we found was the Maria Atwood Inn. It exceeded all of our expectations. We were greeted by Sandi who was warm as can be and very knowledgeable about the area. We were showed to our room, an immaculate space lovingly furnished with comfortable beds, beautiful quilts, and authentic wooden ceiling beams. For dinner, Sandi suggested Ciao Pasta, a delicious Italian eatery just a short drive from the Inn. We came back, grabbed some guide books from the dining room, and settled into the cozy little living room with the wonderful fireplace. Although it wasn't the right time of year, it was fun to imagine sitting by the roaring fire while the snow falls outside. Breakfast the next morning was delightful! The dining room was elegant with beautiful china and period furnishings. The french toast, sausage, bluberry cake, fresh fruit, tea, and coffee were excellent... We met Fred, who was a true character and told us about previous rennovation projects and tricky contractors. Sitting at the table talking with him, we felt more like friends than guests. We really did not want to leave! All in all, a true gem. We can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

If you are looking for an amazing B&B, look no further. The owners take great care of their B&B and it is clean, beautiful and welcoming. The breakfasts are great and the scones are to die for! They are truly generous with all they offer and we had such a wonderful time there. I like the big table that we sit at for breakfast because we had some great conversation with the owners and with the other guests. I definitely would love to go back there. My husband and I felt so relaxed and comfortable there. Sandy and Ray are very, very nice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Very nice B & B out in the country, yet close enough to a town if you need one. The rooms are very clean and the beds shout comfort. Sandi & Fred are great hosts and can give you guidance as to where to eat and the best routes to take to avoid any traffic. If you happen to like wildlife this is also a great place to walk or drive. We saw a pair of fox, deer, pair of owls and a bear during our two night stay. The breakfast is served hot and will certainly hold you over for the better part of the day. Wonderful place to relax as there are more books than most libraries to keep you entertained.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

I frequently stay at the Maria Attwood Inn in Franklin New Hampshire. This Bed and Breakfast provides one of the finest quality stays I have ever experienced. The Inn keepers, Sandi & Fred , work tirelessly to accommodate even the most picky attendant. During our stay we where met with a friendly welcoming attitude and clean accommodations. The bed and pillows are most comfortable, bath towels are fluffy and soft. The Inn’s location is located just far enough away from the noisy hustle and bustle of the city yet is centrally located near major highways allow an easy drive to any area of interest. The mornings are wonderful! Best known for their “scones” (maple walnut are my favorite), a full breakfast started with a fresh fruit paring is provided to please any palate. We have met such a wide variety of wonderful people while staying here… all are encouraged to share their daily experiences which has become our most cherished memories of our travels and keeps us coming back year after year. We visit annually to attend Laconia Bike week. I would highly recommend the Maria Atwood Inn Bed and Breakfast for any occasion. It is a clean, quiet and family friendly facility.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Maria Atwood Inn? Share your experiences!