This is our 3rd stay at the Hillwinds Lodge. The owners are super nice people who make sure everything is great. This year we stayed in a riverview room. The Gale River runs right outside the door and we were able to listen to the quiet babble of the river. The kids love being able to wade in the cool water. Our room was clean and well maintained, with a recently renovated, spacious bathroom. The in-room Green Mountain coffee was the best!! The continental breakfast had a good assortment of fruit, cereals, bagels, etc. and of course more coffee. Our kids love the playground, which is within walking distance, and the pool on site.
We plan on returning for a 4th visit next year. The Hillwinds is a great value with in a beautiful, peaceful setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traditional New England family-owned and operated motel featuring clean, comfortable, affordable and friendly lodging in the White Mountain region of New Hampshire. Located on the banks of the tranquil Gale River, Hillwinds is located near all major seasonal attractions and is only three miles from Cannon Mountain and the Franconia Notch State Park, home of the Flume Gorge and great hilking opportunities. Rates include complimentary continental breakfast, in-room coffee and fridge, free wi-fi, and guest computer and lending library. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Hillwinds Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hillwinds Hotel Franconia
- Hillwinds Lodge Franconia, NH - White Mountains