“Always Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn

You added BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   87 Wallace Hill Rd, off I-93 Exit 38, Franconia, NH 03580   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Knowlton, Canada
“Always Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

I have read some negative reviews of this hotel. But we have stayed there three different times on our trips to the White Mountains and have always been satisfied. I always book early to get the best rate and I have had a hard time finding another hotel with better value for what you pay.

Yes the rooms are a little on the small side and it is a bit older but it is perfect for what we want. Plus the staff have always been very friendly and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
bwfranconia, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn, responded to this review, June 17, 2011
Let me start by thanking you for completing our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Franconia, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

The space of the room is not big since the bed occupy most area, but it is not too bad. The price is slightly above 100 bucks included tax and continental breakfast. Basic amenities such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, coffee machine and hair dryer are included. However, I think some small bugs get through the net after I opened the window, but I dont think it is a problem if you keep the window closed. The view is pretty nice too. I would recommend this hotel if my friend is visiting the white mountain!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

After long hike we stayed at Best Western in Franconia. Building looked old from outside but inside lobby was nice, rooms could not be better. Pool and hot tub was very relaxing. Continental breakfast was free and had many items but we ate only hot waffles

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
colchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

nice quiet location. we had a ground floor room. very noisy upstairs. freezing indoor pool, but a nice hot tub. very small breakfast area but you can take it to your room, lobby etc. it is set in nice grounds but not much nearby. we spent our time in lincoln, 20 mins away. cost us $107 for 1 night. average hotel for one night.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I plan usually with tripadvisor and we had a good stay back in May.

The Room/Washroom was clean and the Pool was awesome, good for a swim...
The Scenery of the Area was nice.
The Air/Con-Heater was a bit noisy but I heated before sleeping than turned it off and then it was OK hehe...

Nothing more than a good average BW...

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

I saw a few bad reviews on this site and I'd like to remind them you get what you pay for. Finding a comfortable room very near all the tourist sites with a pool, hot tub, etc. that is under $100 dollars is hard. As far as cleanliness, I will admit that the bathroom in our initial room was not cleaned properly. But once we mentioned it to the desk, they immediately gave us another room, which was very clean and comfortable.

But what made me write this review today was the exceptionally friendly staff at the hotel. They went above and beyond to ensure we were happy and make us feel welcome. Special thanks to the late evening and early morning reception staff, who really showed me what small town hospitality is like.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

This hotel is a good value for the price and location. There's nothing unique about it, but the whole place is clean and well maintained, the breakfast is a standard Best Western one; the breakfast room is small and when we went in was very crowded, but later on there was hardly anyone there so we must have hit the rush hour. The location is stunning, with great mountain views, and we found the front desk staff to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN White Mountain Inn? Share your experiences!