“Very good sandwiches and service” 4 of 5 stars

(603) 823-8851
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Franconia
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“Very good sandwiches and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Came here for a late lunch today after a day's hike in the White Mountains. Service was prompt and pleasant.. I had a Reuben sandwich and my wife had the steak and cheese sandwich with onion rings. Both meals were promptly prepared (except for a few folks at the bar, we were the only ones there) and delicious. We also had a spectacular view from our table of Mt. Lafayette, and Cannon Mountain both of which had snow on them. The Dutch Treat wasn't much to look at (inside or out) but it was a tasty lunch!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Solihull
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Good down to earth food at ordinary prices excellent quality and a good game of Trivial Pursuit very friendly and helpful staff.

Visited September 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“The best haddock sandwich, clam chowder, & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Dutch Treat was recommended by friends who took me there for lunch. We all ordered the haddock (not cod!) sandwich. It was perfect! Flaky and delicious with crisp lettuce, fresh tomato, cheese, and tartar sauce. Filling as well.

Because I was on a tour bus, I ordered a cup of their clam chowder. Laurie was super accommodating! She put it in a double cup, lid, wrapped foil on the top, and into a plastic bag so it wouldn't spill. Keeping it upright was up to me of course. She also included a soup spoon and oyster crackers. I couldn't wait too long - the chowder was delicious as well! The perfect mix of ingredients.

Thanks a bunch to my friends Bob & Lynn for treating me, The Dutch Treat for a super meal, and Laurie for outstanding service!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Moultonborough, New Hampshire
“Great food - great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

After reading all the negative reviews, I needed to write a positive review because our experience was great. Laurie our waitress was very good and her service was right on. We ordered the fried haddock sandwich which was served hot and tasted very fresh. There was nothing we did not like about the Dutch Treat. It is a local restaurant which has been in business for many years and we will definitely return again. The negative comments may have come from people who eat at five-star restaurants and need to realize they are in a small town in
northern NH and not in the big city atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Still having nightmares about this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I tried this place recently while visiting the area for the first time. I was immediately disgusted by this restaurant's filthy decor, abundance of flies, and "The Hills Have Eyes" looking staff, but my boyfriend was starving, so I gave in and sat down. Our waitress was rude. I caught a glimpse of the kitchen and was appalled by the grease. My iced tea taste old. There were seemingly random people going in and out of the kitchen. The wait for food was long and when we got it, it was appalling. I got up and walked out and left my poor boyfriend sitting there to eat alone. I have never done such a thing before, but I was so disgusted. My dog wouldn't even eat my quesadilla. This restaurant experience was seriously the worst I have ever had. It almost ruined the weekend. Remembering this place makes me half furious that we paid for this slop and half wanting to cry for the next customer.

• Visited August 2013