“Amazing Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Amazing Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Excellent place to stay for a nice get away. Close to all the local attractions also. The rooms are clean and neat. The Hotel staff is very accommodating. The free continental breakfast is great with plenty of food and beverage to choose from.The WI-FI works good and we also like being able to sit outside and enjoy the scenic views. Nice landscaping and the pool is kept up, and is clean. This is the only place I stay when vacationing in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
stonybrook1, General Manager at Stonybrook Motel & Lodge, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. April 3 2013.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dover, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

While not a luxury hotel by any standards, it was quaint. It reminded me more of a campground than an Inn or motel. We arrived to a clean and tidy room, however the heat was shut off and we had to request to have it turned on. The "heated" pool was not so heated, possible that it didn't feel that heated since it was about 25F outside, dunno, needless to say only went in for a few minutes. Going back to the heat, once it was turned on it was fine and the room was warm and cozy. My only real disappointment was the breakfast, not much of a selection, waffles, toast, or a pastry, and I think some cereal, but that was just me I guess. Overall I had a good experience, the staff was courteous and quick to respond, so if you are looking for a quite inexpensive place for a couple nights this will do it, and of course it has a good location 15 min to Franconia Notch ( Cannon Mt.) and 10 min to Littleton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. March 30 2013.
Buffalo, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I deleted my previous review so I could provide an update. My original review (see below) was fairly critical of the service we got on our Thanksgiving trip. Because we were one of two families staying there at the time, it wasn't difficult for the owners to identify who wrote the review. My mother-in-law was the one who booked it so it was her contact information they had. After seeing my review they called her. Not to try to fix the problems, mind you. They actually called to yell at her about the bad review!!!

Not exactly what I would call good customer service.

Here's the original review, by the way, so you can see what my initial complaints were:

My in-laws live nearby and we needed a place to stay for Thanksgiving. The website for this place seemed very appealing, but I should have done a little more homework before agreeing to stay there. Clue number one should have been when we requested adjoining rooms, as was advertised on their website, but they said we couldn't have those because there was no heat in those rooms. When we got there, the rooms we did have didn't have the heat on yet and it was freezing. They warmed up quickly enough, but wouldn't you turn the heat on when you knew you'd be checking people into them? The rooms are spacious, so I'll give them an extra star for that one, but they're not particularly clean. The curtain rods were bent and I had to climb up on the table to bend it back so I could get the curtains closed. The shower was an adventure, to say the least. I'd get the temperature set and climb in, only to have it go to freezing two minutes later. Then I'd get it adjusted again, and it would go to scalding. My husband had the same problem. We also had two small kids to bathe and the plug mechanism didn't exist.

That being said, I know it's a motel and you get what you pay for, but what bothered me the most was the stuff that was on the website that they did not actually provide. First of all, extra was paid to get the continental breakfast, but when we got there, the person who checked us in said there weren't enough people staying there to make it worth them getting up to fix breakfast. And the indoor pool that was advertised wasn't open. All this would also be fine if their website just said that these things were available seasonally, and they didn't take money for a service they didn't provide. I just consider this major false advertising and I think we can safely say we'll stay elsewhere next Thanksgiving.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. March 20 2013.
White River Junction, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

The employees at this motel are very friendly and I must say that I enjoyed my trip to Franconia. When I arrived the check in process was quick and the room was clean, spacious, and organized. The breakfast was good...and the price was affordable....Thank you Mike for a great stay!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. March 72013.
Fremont, New Hampshire, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The employees at the motel were all extremely polite and helpful. The breakfast was actually quite good for such an affordable stay and the atmosphere was lovely. Will definitely stay there again next time I go up north!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. March 1 2013.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stonybrook is certainly a budget option and you get what you pay for. It's perfectly fine, but nothing to rave about (3 star rating). Breakfast was lacking (coffee was bad, OJ was tang), but had the upside of a waffle maker. Would recommend as a cheap option if you're skiing at Cannon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. Feb 27 2013.
lebanon , nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

this is a terrific motel. i arrived and i was greeted for respectfully at the door ..the check in process was very quick and the motel was very clean and organized... the breakfast was very good...and everyone was so friendly and i definatly would go there again .. the prices were excellent we will def..return again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stonybrook Motel & Lodge management and staff would like to express our gratitude for your kind review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the attractions in the White Mountain area! Thanks and looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for staying with us. Feb 26 2013.

Been to Stonybrook Motel & Lodge? Share your experiences!