“unacceptable for rates” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cannon Mountain View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Franconia
Cannon Mountain View Motel
You added Cannon Mountain View Motel to your Saves list
729 Main Street, Franconia, NH 03580   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“unacceptable for rates”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Before I begin delving into the many many issues with this motel I will say that the owner seems to be a nice man (although he greeted me with beer in hand and the office smelled like weed). This motel should be brought to the attention of the town inspector. It is in dire need of renovations. The mold issues, holes in walls and ceilings, door locks that don't work, exposed electrical wiring, the list could go on and on. The pool has moss growing in it and hasn't been maintained in a very long time. The actual office/restaurant building is in horrific condition as well and looks to be a danger to any intoxicated patron leaving their very loud bar atmosphere. I could see it being very popular with the biker crowd, although they are even smart enough to not stay at the actual motel. The motel website lists rooms with air conditioning, new beds, etc. none of this is factual-at least not in rooms 15 or 17. I realize in the peak of the season, the owners can rent their motel rooms for whatever price they see fit. Be warned, it is a roach infested mess, and I am a very easy person to please. Would not suggest wasting your vacation funds to stay here, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Westbrook, ME
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a great little find which we inadvertently stumbled into, after booking the reservation through a church fundraiser. The owners Ray and his wife Yvonne were on site and very accomodating. This motel and restaurant, in all fairness, need to be rated and judged against other similar establishments. This is definitely not a Ritz Carlton, but it was clean, comfortable, and the owners were very friendly! You're not going to find many restaurants with the kind of personal and family touch that Ray and Yvonne were running. The bartender and head chef brother-team are a great combo, and the food was exceptionally fresh and flavorful, with friendly service. Definitely not a stuffy place. It's unfortunate a couple reviewers on here had a bad experience - this place is definitely worth checking out!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Belchertown, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Worse place ever.rooms were dirty no clean linen smelly everywhere.Owners were not there to get refund.wish we did not check in.Maid did not want to clean the dirty room said not feeling good.THISPlace is a DUMP!!!

Room Tip: Best western 1mile away.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Let's start by saying that when we arrived to 2 degree temperatures outside, we were greeted by a 40 degree motel room. No we did not book last minute, the owners knew we were coming but did NOT Turn on the heat prior to our arrival. We cracked the old heater up the second we walked into the room and waited, and waited, and waited. I wanted to call the front desk since no one was in the "office" when we arrived, just a note with our keys in a box but the rooms do not have phones so I needed to Google to the phone number and call from my cell.. and guess what? NO ANSWER. Needless to say we took a nap in 4 layers, including jackets and a scarves, and i could still see my breath. When i woke up and needed to shower I found a clump of hair, long black hair, in the tub. Holding back my vomit i proceeded to get the hair out using one of the dingy wash clothes and shower. Well the hot water lasted maybe 2 minutes and then ran out, the drain was clogged with something and as i showered the water just filled up the tub so i jumped out. Okay so at this point I needed a huge glass of wine but guess what? The Motel LOST THEIR LIQUOR LICENSE and was unable to serve booze, yay! By the next morning our room had FINALLY reached 65 degrees so my thought is that if the owner had in fact turned on the heat before we arrived we would not have almost frozen to death. It was seriously cruel and unusual treatment and if you read the reviews below they MUST have been written by the owners themselves because I did not see or hear from ONE person the entire 24 hours we were there.. not the owner, a worker or a cleaning lady. I get it is a Motel and not a 5 star resort but at $100 a night with no heat, hot water, and filth this place was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. Oh and by the way, all the keys unlock all of the doors to all of the motel rooms so sleep peacefully!

Room Tip: There is not good room, all the keys unlock all of the doors to all of the rooms so sleep peacefully...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Littleton, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went for dinner and food was amazing. Only problem was the owner ray was wasted, knocking drinks over and we stayed all weekend and every night he was drunk. My gf said he wouldn't stop gropping her. Nice place but needs new ownership.

• Stayed September 2013
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went for the labor day weekend and had a wonderful time. The food is great, the owners Ray and Yvonne we very nice and helpful in giving directions. They had a band Friday and Sunday evening. Had lots of fun.

• Stayed September 2013
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived last night and were greeted by the owners Ray and Yvonne Fredericksen. They are really nice people. It's definitely heaven here. All of the customers are friendly. The food was served promptly and it was delicious. My grandson doesn't want to leave. I would definately come again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the far end seem to be the best but I've never had a problem with any that I've...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cannon Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!