“Dirty and Run Down” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Cannon Mountain View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Franconia
Cannon Mountain View Motel
You added Cannon Mountain View Motel to your Saves list
729 Main Street, Franconia, NH 03580   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Franconia
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Dirty and Run Down”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stopped into the Cannon Mountain View Restaraunt and Tavern for a pizza. We sat at the bar and ordered a drink. The bar tender was not very friendly. We ordered a pizza and while waiting for the pizza we noticed lots of black flies landing on the glassware that was hanging from a glass rack in the middle of the bar. I was glad that I hadn't ordered a drink that was served in a stemmed glass. The bar tender was swatting the flies and killing them on the bar. He never washed his hands after removing the dead flies from the bar. We then noticed that there were lots of fruit flies hovering around the area where the limes and lemons were kept. I was grossed out and wanted to leave but we had already ordered the pizza. We asked to have the pizza to take out. We took the pizza back to our hotel. The pizza was not good. Tasted like cardboard with bland sauce. I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Cut into my buffalo chicken sandwich and it was raw. Fries were soggy and tasted like burnt oil. Food took close to an hour to come out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

The CMV makes you feel like family.... From the minute we arrived after a long drive..till the time we left.. The people at the CMV made me feel comfortable, and always had a moment that would make you laugh,smile, and even share stories of anything under the sun. After a couple of hours you literally feel like you've known everybody for years. The people at the CMV go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They are genuine people who want to know who/how you are. I had a great time there, and will be heading up again soon. Special thanks to Ray,Yvonne,Jess,Tommy, and everyone else I had the pleasure of meeting!

Room Tip: I stayed in #5. It was quiet, a great shower, short walk to "Above the Notch" tavern.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Great pizzas, very fun bands. Great place to stop for food and fun.

• Stayed October 2011
Bartlett, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

The room was spacious, clean and bed was comfortable. Decor is a little dated but rooms are kept clean and tidy. The food was fantastic. I had 5 meals over the weekend and I was delighted with each choice. I will definitely return for more samplings of a fantastic menu. The restaurant and bar staff are friendly and welcoming. There's a family style atmosphere and seems to be a favorite for locals which is a good sign for any establishment.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Cannon Mountain View last week, (October 13th-16th). We were in New Hampshire visiting a retired priest who lives in Jefferson. We both had a wonderful time with every one we met. Our rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. We also ate at the restaurant they have and there food was delicious. Even the chief came out to talk to us! If we are ever in this area again,it is good to know we have a place to come back to. I would also like to thank the owners, who made us feel as if we were part of there family.I would suggest the Cannon Mountain View Motel to anyone who has the pleasure of coming through beautiful Franconia. Thank you all again for making our visit to the North a wonderful experience.
Mr & Mrs Eric & Gail Cambio

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Concord, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

after waiting 30 minuires to even be acknowlaged by a waitress ( there were 4 on duty, including the owners daughter) i was charged $6.50 for a glass of flat soda with no ice ( they were out of ice) that they tried to pass off as a captain and coke. we ordered chicken wings and about half way through my wings i discovered a bunch of dark curly hairs on my plate and stuck to my wings, i tried to talk to our waitress and she ignored me and walked away. i confronted the owner (ray (--)) who was working at the time and obviously drunk, and all he had to say was he used to be a chicken farmer and chickens have hair. then proceded to get very rude, get in my face and act like he was put out by me for coming to him with this problem. he told me next time go somewhere else because he spends more on the wings then he sells them for. i paid our tab and was walking to my car when ray followed me outside and proceded to tell me how the man with him was a manager at applebees and there is hair on all chicken wings. Ray was very disrespectful and rude throughout all of this. i would rather die of starvation than set foot in the CMV for food ever again. horrible service, people and attitude. 0 stars 2 thumbs down.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Cannon Mountain View Motel? Share your experiences!