“An incredible new joint!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 44 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Mexican
Newmarket, New Hampshire
“An incredible new joint!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Wow, what a great meal. My wife and I just tried this new Mexican food establishment in Exeter, NH, and we were pleasantly surprised! My wife has been hearing about this place from her clients (she is a cosmetologist) that this place was great.

There are two other Mexican food joints in town, all within a half mile of each other and we wondered how this place will fair.

Well, first off, it was bloody great. The food was more authentic that anything elsewhere in town. This is, from my understanding, a family owned and operated authentic Mexican food joint. It is small, so get there early or plan on waiting in line. We got there at 5:50 on a Friday night and were lucky enough to find a pub table by the little bar.

The margaritas were pretty damn good!

For the food, my wife had the Enchilada Mexicana and I the Burrito Verde. Good Stuff. Oh, and we also asked for some guacamole which came by cart, prepared in front of us by the owner’s brother. He cut and peeled the avocado, mixed with cilantro, onion, tomatoes and as much jalapeño that we asked for. What a treat to have it made fresh in front of us.

I think that we found our new home for Mexican in New Hampshire!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Massachusetts
“Mixed review...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was my second visit to Mexico Lindo. I was so excited to hear of a new authentic Mexican Restaurant in the area so I had to check it out.

First visit: I thought, ok, this place is decent...I can overlook the shabby interior, the somewhat confused staff and the order that had to be returned because my son had ordered ground beef and got chicken. The positives: fresh chips and flavorful salsa arriving instantly when we sat down, the Margarita was delicious, the prices were really reasonable and some of the food had a real authentic flavor...you know how in some chain Mexican restaurants, all the food tastes the same...not the case here. Although the service was somewhat confused, our food did arrive fairly quickly and they corrected their error quickly. A positive enough experience that I thought it was worth it to give them a second try. I really wanted to love this place and make it my new go-to place for Mexican food.

Second visit: We had the same waitress and I think that is a big part of the problem. She really seemed confused. I started off by ordering a Margarita on the rocks with salt. She brought a glass with some type of cocktail in it that clearly was NOT a Margarita. It was pink in color. I tasted it, and it tasted like rum, not tequila and it had SUGAR on the rim. I flagged her down and told her that I had ordered a Margarita and she insisted that this pink cocktail WAS a Margarita. She said they don't add color to their drinks, so this is the natural color of a Margarita. Um, ok, the last time I checked, lime juice was GREEN not PINK. I told her it really wasn't and that it also had sugar on the rim, not salt. "oh, you want salt on it?" she asks. "Yes, please, a Margarita on the rocks with salt." She returns with the same pink cocktail, this time with salt on the rim instead of sugar. It tasted awful. The strange thing is on my first visit to the restaurant, I had a Margarita that was delicious, so I'm either crazy or the waitress has no idea what she's doing. Then our food arrived. I ordered a vegetarian dish that had a spinach burrito, a potato enchilada and a mushroom quesadilla. All three looked the same except the mushroom quesadilla was folded in half instead of rolled. The three came on two separate dinner plates I assume because the the spinach and potato dishes were completely covered in nasty melted American cheese. I mean like "Kraft cheese food" kind of american cheese. So disappointing. I would have expected cheddar or monterey jack or queso fresco or something, but no. The fillings were actually tasty, but dowsing everything in excessive amounts of nasty "cheese" ruined it. It looked like they put the two things on a dish threw a few slices of that "cheese" on it and zapped it in the microwave to melt it. No browning, just that melted gloop that happens when you try to melt "cheese" that isn't really cheese. No garnish, no rice, no love on that plate(s) at all. I'm not a fancy girl, and I don't need to be pampered as long as you serve me some yummy food, but this just didn't happen for me. Oh well, I think two chances is enough for me and my quest for good Mexican food on the North Shore/Seacoast area continues....

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Don't look up”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The table made guacamole was great but otherwise the food was just ok. What was disappointing is that Jay McSharry the owner, did absolutely nothing to clean the place after Friendly's closed. The ceiling tiles are filthy as are the vents and it makes one wonder what the kitchen is like. Stick with Loco Coco Tacos.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kittery, Maine
“Seacoast Comida Especiale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you know what decent Hispanic cuisine should be, this unpretentious operation should make you happy. I agree totally with "Finally". Puts the other local attempts far off pace. Entrees are all just above $10. The only drawback, if you can call it that, is that guacamole is only served tableside by special order for $8. Interesting house Margaritas!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

So if this is what authentic Mexican food is suppose to taste like, sign me up! The food was delicious and very reasonably priced. Fresh guacamole made right at our table was very tasty and my pablano mole chicken enchilada was outstanding. My wife was a little disappointed that her first magarita didn't have more salt on the rim, but the bartender did a better job on her second one. Friendly wait staff and a live Mariachi band added to the fun ambiance of the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013