“Delicious food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Boston, MA
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had read the bad reviews of this place and was wary, but we had a gift voucher, so went for dinner on a Saturday night. It was fabulous. I had the mushroom risotto, which was delicious, and my husband the mushroom ragout, which was so good I wished I'd chosen it, though we did some sharing! The service in particular was great - our waitress couldn't have been more attentive. If you had a bad experience before, I'd give it another try.

Visited February 2013

Hooksett NH
“Marginal Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have eaten lunch and dinner here about six times, but we won't be back. They make jst about the best cheeseburger anywhere, but that's where it ends. The dinners are fair, but not worth the price. The couple we dined with had soup that was lukewarm, no place mats or table cloths either. The killer of this place is the service---we were having a drink and the waitress asked if she could "borrow" the menus to give them to another table---15 minutes later we got them back. It wasn't that busy, but basic food took about 30 minutes, then they brought 2 servings and 10 minutes later the other two arrived. These servers are simply not trained by anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southington, Connecticut
“Delicious meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

1st visit, we ate in the dinning room section. We both had delicious fillet steak cooked perfectly to order and came with unexpected lobster extras. Friendly and attentive waitstaff. Food came out fast and hot. Prices are a little on the high side. The front door can be difficult to find, you have to go downstairs to the basement of the building.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newfields, New Hampshire
“simple things not done right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

B/c Exeter is so small and b/c I really like the idea of a neighborhood bar, I've given this place a number of attempts before writing this review. And despite me wanting to give this place a good review, I simply can't.

My wife and I just finished a meal at the Tavern, ordering off of the lighter fare and pub menu and we both left unimpressed (again). Our order was simple and straightforward, a medium rare burger and a pulled pork sandwich. There were only 10 or so people in the place, and it took about 15 minutes to get the food out. The burger was cooked all the way through (well done) and the pulled pork was light on the pork and heavy on the cheese. The BBQ sauce was also too sweet for my taste and lacked any real spice.

Add on the fact that service was slow and the prices on the high side and we were left with a restaurant we simply won't be returning to.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Nice place in downtown Exeter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Nice small little restaurant in downtown Exeter. Food is quite good but also a bit pricey. Service is usually very good. Small cozy dining area with perhaps about 10 tables and a smaller area with a small bar and a few tables.

Visited December 2012