“Decent sushi” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Decent sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I got sushi from Penang & Tokyo, and while it was definitely not the best I have ever had, it was decent. However, one of my pet peeves with sushi restaurants in general is the prevalence of surimi (Krab) in place of real crabmeat. In most cases, I would rather forgo a roll than eat it with Krab, and certainly in the case of sashimi and nigiri.
Under the circumstances of being in Exeter and craving sushi, it satisfied the craving even if I wasn't completely satisfied by the meal.

Visited August 2013

Exeter, New Hampshire
“always eat here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

always eat here right across from the bandstand excellent artwork on the walls, great river view, great staff and the food is to die for

Visited March 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great sushi, but that's all I've had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

My friends are loyal to this place for their sushi. I tried some on my last trip to the area and found it to be very good. We always got take out and I haven't tried anything else on the menu. So I can't speak to the atmosphere, service, or other menu items.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Must have a new chef ... last visit was not up to par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We have eaten here many times over the years and have always had a memorable meal - great food, service - this last time we were very disappointed. The food did not come to the table as we ordered it, had to reorder both main dishes, the steak and chicken "on a stick" were poor quality cuts of meat and left a lot to be desired - we left most of the food on the dish and didn't take it home. Very disappointed and won't return again. Too bad, as one of our favorite spots to have asian cuisine, we will no longer come back - prefer the fresh food at Pink Bamboo in Portsmouth instead.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Epping, New Hampshire
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Everything was wonderful. Ordered an assortment including General Tso's, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Ginger and scallion chicken, Egg Rolls, fried rice, and a Spicy Tuna Roll. The fried stuff was crispy and well flavored. Not very oily which is a plus. The Ginger and Scallion Chicken was amazing. Very impressed, especially with the large and diverse menu. The egg rolls could have had more stuffing and the fried rice could have had a tiny bit more flavor, but overall it was very good. My largest complaint was that when they packed up the take out, the sushi was on top of the hot items, so it was warmer than I would have liked it. Next time I will just ask them to put it separately. Overall it was very good and I will definitely be returning!

PS. The parking isn't very good around 6pm so be aware you may have to drive around the block a bit.

• Visited March 2012