We stay here several times a year and have done so for several years. This time we brought our seven pound Toy Poodle. He travels well during the eight hour drive so he's ready for fun when we arrived. We were given a room on the first floor along with other pet owners. We only saw three other dogs, two next to us and rarely heard any barking during the entire weekend. Good insulation, I'd say. The first floor rooms lead to an outside door that is very convenient for a morning or evening walk without going through the lobby if that's your preference. The door requires a room key to enter so there is adequate security. Not much grass outside but enough landscaping and mulch for your pet. You may also choose to park in the back lot outside the rear door. Opposite the rooms along the corridor is the fitness center, the pool and hot tub, which are open until 11 o'clock, and a special events room. We heard some noise from some kids in the pool, but it stopped by 10 and our dog then settled down. He doesn't bark at other dogs and so only woofed a bit when he heard a few barks. He thought that a few hallway conversations and nearby door closings meant visitors to our room, but he soon gave up this line of thinking. I would recommend that you request a room at the end of the corridor past the pool and fitness center but not so near as to be hearing the opening and closing of the outside door. I'm not sure if many people use it.
For breakfast we took our dog to the lobby and sat either at a small table across from the check-in desk or in the lounge area immediately to the left of the entrance doors. My wife would get something to eat while I held our dog on his leash and then my wife held him while I went to get some breakfast. Therefore, we could eat together and not bother anyone by having him in the dining room. I don't know what the rule is about pets in the dining room. It's a self-serve buffet and very quick to get something to eat.
We signed a waiver saying that we would pay for any damage our dog did. (He did none.) There was no extra charge for him, but that may have been because I am a Hilton Honors Club member.
Although the maid missed giving us fresh towels on one day, the night manager provided them promptly when we called the front desk. This was the first glitch in service we have encountered in years of coming to this hotel. No problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exeter's newest hotel is the Hampton Inn & Suites - offering a complimentary hot breakfast daily, HSIA, shuttle service, meeting room, indoor heated pool, fitness center and business center. The hotel staff is passionate about providing extraordinary service from arrival to departure. It is ideally located within walking distance to historic downtown Exeter and Phillips Exeter Academy; 8 miles to Hampton Beach and a twenty minute drive to Portsmouth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Exeter
- Hampton Inn & Suites Exeter Hotel Exeter