“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Exeter
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Dining on a budget
Description: Las Olas is a fresh Mexican grill. Quick Service, friendly staff, and tasty fresh Latin/Mexican food that you can choose your fillings as our staff guide you through the process.
Vermont
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

A great place for getting a filling meal very quickly. Reminded me of a moe's south western grill, but healthier.

Visited July 2012

USA
“Fresh delicious food served fast and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I don't know what the big hang up is for deciding if this place has authentic "Mexican" food or not. Besides, most people have never had authentic "Mexican food" and wouldn't know it if it hit them.

In either case, if you like fresh delicious food served quickly and won't break the bank, then this place is for you. You can go as vegetarian as you like, or you can just as easily go all out carnivore - either way, it's gonna be good.

If you are looking for a foo-foo place, then this isn't it. This place reminds me of kinda like a cross between Moe's and Chipotle.

My wife had a chicken burrito (she said the hot sauce they put on was too hot, but that was the only real complaint), I had a steak salad, and my daughter had a cheese quesadilla. It was all excellent!

Anytime I'm in Exeter, this will definitely be at the top of my list because getting fresh food is harder and harder to come across in restaurants these days.

Do not hesitate to try this place - unless you are bent on going completely authentic Mexican, or have to be served properly in order to enjoy a meal.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Fresh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I love the vegetarian quesadilla. Relaxed environment and the food is always fresh. Overall I really enjoy eating with friends at this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, New Hampshire
“Really confused”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

So this is another place in Exeter that people kept telling me and my husband we have to try. There is often a line out the door so we thought "this place must be amazing". To be honest, the word I would use when we finally went is shocked. I got a beef taco the first time we went. It was terrible. No flavor at all except the cilantro. The meat had no flavor or seasoning whatsoever. After our visit, we were telling a lot of friends that we finally went to Las Olas and were extremely disappointed. Everyone said we really need to go back and try the burritos. I went for a chicken burrito this time. Once again, flavorless except the cilantro. The chicken looks disgusting and sits in a bin of what I'm assuming is water. I don't know. Its a weird color and watery and completely flavorless. The food doesn't seem fresh to me as everybody else says. In my honest opinion, I would give their food a 2 out of 10. Its not even on the same scale as Chipotle which has the same set-up except their food is fresh and flavorful. I gave Las Olas 2 chances and was served flavorless slop both times. I'm stunned by the good reviews and multitude of people who have recommended this place to us. Just don't get it. It was a waste of our money.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire, USA
“Excellent food and value. Basic service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Don't expect fancy dining, but the food is always fresh and tasty with ample sized portions.

Visited May 2012