“Way up North” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Way up North”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There are 291 residents in Errol, and yes, the (main) streets are paved! The Hawg Trawf is pretty much what you would expect in the north woods of NH, sort of a slapped together building on the outside with a warm, homey atmosphere inside. The food is good comfort food and it is fortunate , because there aren't many other choices in town. I had surprisingly good fried clams (the whole clam and not just the strip), and very good onion rings (the waitress took the first order back because they had stayed too long in the fryer, but the next iteration was great). Good service and reasonable prices. Open year round from Wed. thru Sun.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Boston
“A must stop when you're in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

OK, so we didn't come to Errol NH seeking "fine dining," and as such our expectations were perfect for what we found.

We ate here on our first night in town, and I really enjoyed my meal. I had a bacon swiss burger, my son had a grilled cheese, and so it's really hard to go wrong. I thought it was really nice.

They had the Sox game on, which was just perfect for us, and it was quick and affordable.

The best part is that this is the only place within 10 miles that you can get Verizon cell service, so I know I'll be back again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham, Massachusetts
“Play guess which door to get in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Not very impressive from the outside but once inside it gets better. I was told at the B&B that this was a good place to get BBQ and they were correct. Not the best that I have had, but it was very good and large! I ordered the half rack and frankly I would not have been able to eat all of the full rack. The beer was cold, the beets pickled and the wife enjoyed her dinner also.

Visited August 2013
Errol
“Awesome food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Love the food and the fun times we had eating at the Hawg. The place is very clean and the work staff are friendly.

Visited June 2013
Bradford, Vermont
“Best Restaurant in Errol, NH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We first visited the Hawg Trawf last Summer and while we thought the food was okay, it wasn't special enough to do a review. We stopped in Friday, 5/17/13 for lunch and while all outward appearances remained the same, the food seemed much better.
My wife and I both had the pulled pork sandwiches, one with sweet potato fries and the other with onion rings. Everything was very good. Service was great. prices were very reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Hawg Trawf? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Hawg Trawf, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.