This is probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, and it's not even that the rooms and/or location were that terrible.
The staff here is absolutely the rudest bunch of employees I have ever had the displeasure of coming in contact with. We're not talking regular rude, we're talking spit-in-your-food-slamming-the-door-on-you kind of rude.
Let's start with our check in. Our rooms had been paid for 8 months in advance for a wedding. Someone else's name was on our booked room (fine) but I called earlier to make sure we didn't have to do anything special when we checked in. "Nope, just list the name on the room" Sue said. Well, we get there after driving 4 hours and they won't let us check in - just as I expected. Luckily the party our room was listed under just arrived. The staff continued to be tart and short with all four of us. Completely uninterested and not helpful they shooed us up to our rooms without even telling us where they were.
Fast forward and we arrive back at the hotel around 1:30 am. I see a sign for "parking passes required or you will be towed". Funny, we NEVER GOT A PARKING PASS. I went in and argued with another "manager" at the front desk for a pass. He kept telling me he gave us one and he didn't. See comment above about other party listed on our reservation. SHE didn't get a parking pass and neither did we. Rudest man I've ever encountered, EVER. Obviously, the hotel (and it's staff) are in cahoots with the towing company.
Of course I wake up the next morning and Skippy's Towing, whatever the name of it, has towed our car across the street. It's $120.00 to bail our car out from ACROSS THE STREET because the man at the counter NEVER GAVE US A PARKING PASS and then REFUSED TO GIVE ME ONE THAT NIGHT.
We won't even pay too much attention to the fact that our family stayed in the room next door and they could never tell them how to get the messages of their machine. Or how the hotel staff was swearing a big stream of expletives throughout the hallway one morning, or how we asked "what is fun to do around here" and were given the cold shoulder.
Sue, the "manager" stands out in my mind as one of the worst, nastiest, rudest employees/human being I have ever encountered. How rude of a hotel that had so many rooms blocked off for our special event to treat us so poorly.
Holiday Inn, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I won't be supporting you in the future.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Durham Hotel Durham
- Holiday Inn Express Durham Hotel
- Holiday Inn Durham
- Durham Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Durham hotel is New Hampshire s newest Express, conveniently in the heart of Durham in Southern New Hampshire! The hotel is just minutes from the University of New Hampshire & UNH's- Whittemore Center.Our hotel has 68 guest rooms including 2 suites & is 100% Non-Smoking. Our rooms offer wireless & hard wired hi-speed Internet connections! Enjoy free Express Start Breakfast each morning featuring the exclusive Express Cinnamon Buns. While sipping Smart Roast coffee, peruse through a complimentary USA Today! It s Simply the Smart way to start your day!In addition to being located at UNH, the Holiday Inn Express Durham is near many schools; Phillips Exeter Academy, Franklin Pierce College, & St. Thomas Aquinas High School. Durham is minutes from Portsmouth, Rochester & Dover which are full of history, shopping & local flavor. Visit Red Hook Brewery, the historic forts such as Fort Constitution or catch a concert at Hampton Beach Casino. We are within minutes of the Fox Run Mall & the Kittery Outlets.Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, Liberty Mutual & Goss International are just a few places that our business travelers visit.Our friendly & knowledgeable staff is ready to provide you with superior service! When you stay at the Holiday Inn Express Durham Hotel you are Staying Smart! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Durham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.