“My Dover home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dover
Randolph, Maine
“My Dover home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed at the Comfort In for 4 weeks, while training for my job. The staff, (especially Kelly and Paul!) were very friendly and attentive. They definitely went out of their way to make my stay great! The rooms were kept very clean. The managers reception on Wednesday nights was an added bonus. Everyone loves free food! The hot/cold breakfast every morning was always nice, providing a nice variety of breakfast foods. Something for everyone! I would highly recommend staying here, whether for one night or an extended stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
10hoteldr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
We loved having you stay with us . Please stop by and visit us when you are in the area again.
Kelly and Paul appreciate the nice comments. The front desk staff really makes an effort to make everyne feel at home and they genuinely enjoy doing it. We appreciate all the nice things you said about the hotel , it makes all our efforts worthwhile.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My son and I take "hotel adventures." He is four, and I am getting him into the swing of reviewing hotels at which we stay. Usually I get the cute, "This is the best ever!" review from him, as I did this time; however, this time, he was spot on.
The staff was courteous and friendly but not imposing.
The decor and cleanliness of the hotel and our room was impeccable. Delicious cookies at the front desk.
Free HBO and extensive breakfast was a plus; and we stayed on a Wednesday night so, unexpectedly, there was a "meet the manager" free buffet! Once again, the staff was courteous, but we didn't feel imposed upon just to get the delicious chicken wings.
The indoor pool, which is why we go, was a little too small to share with other guests, but the cleanest by far of any we have used. I also believe that ALL hotel rooms should have mini-fridge and microwaves, so this was a minus; however, Kudos and high recommendations for this hotel!

Room Tip: Mini fridges only with "suites"
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Your 4 yr old has excellent taste in hotels. Maybe he is a professional hotel reviewer in the making. We receive many heart felt notes from children saying how much they enjoy the hotel. They love to making those waffles in the morning and having those fresh baked cookies in the evening. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and thank your son especially for his excellent reveiw.
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

After experiencing several other Comfort Inns in New Hampshire, I can say
with absolute confidence that the Comfort Inn in Dover is up there with Marriott
in my book!
Service was excellent and the rooms clean and the Free breakfast was not only above the standard the staff kept the table immaculate!
As a bonus the Manager has a special Wednesday reception from 5-7pm for all guests and it was so great I did not even need to have dinner!!I am actually 20 minutes further out of my way to stay here for the overall excellence I experienced the 7 days I have stayed here.
By the way the computer in business area was faster than my own at home! Amazing

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
"Outstanding" is a word I love to hear. Thank you for such a super review. It is so wonderful to know that the efforts of the management and staff are being appreciated. It is the best kind of encouragement for us to keep up the excellence . We will all work hard to continue to maintain the same level of excellence.
Panama City Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

The location was not bad. It's close to Portsmouth but way cheaper than staying at Portsmouth. The room was okay. It was clean, without fridge and microwave. The breakfast was decent. Staffs were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
10hoteldr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Portsmouth is a beautiful seacoast town dating back to the 1600's. There is lots to do in Portsmouth. Their hotels are often full and the cost is significantly higher than Dover which is only 15-20 minutes away. Many guests prefer to stay here and make the short drive to Portsmouth, the malls, the Kittery outlet stores, New Hampshire and Maine beaches. We are happy you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you again in the future. We do offer a complimentary shuttle to the Fox Run and Newington malls.
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I booked this hotel as a last-minute weekend getaway. We honestly didn't have high expectations given our timeframe - but when price is the major factor and location comes in a close second, you don't get too choosey. This hotel was convenient to the locations we wanted to visit and well priced, after we shopped around online a bit.

The parking lot was a bit tough to reach using our TomTom, but was spotless when we arrived. Friendly and competent front desk staff, easy access to our room, plenty of parking. The room itself was spotless - including the bathroom; the tub SHONE with cleanliness! No odor anywhere about. On the top floor, we had virtually no noise from outside; we had a bit from within, but you don't blame a hotel for the inconsideration of your fellow travelers.

One feature I particularly appreciated - the pool was convenient to the elevator, so I didn't need to parade across the lobby or down a long hall wearing my swim gear! The breakfast room was a bit tight when so many guests were using it... the spread was fine, not lavish, but not sparse. We really liked the presence of fresh fruit each day. Waffles were yummy, the egg patties and sausage patties standard. We didn't find the breakfast attendant pushy or objectionable.

The hotel seems nicely set up for pets, with poo bags by the doors to the outside, and while we did hear some lonely houndy person baying for his owners, we would otherwise not have noticed any dogs except those we met in the lobby. Dog families, please remember - if you leave your dogs in your room unattended while you go out, you put all of us pet families in jeopardy. It would be nice if some chain would initiate a "day-use" kennel, for a fee, if taking your pup out and about with you isn't possible - but until then, where you go, your pooch must also go.

Our only complaint - the bed was hard. Sigh. It had plenty of pillows and the covers were satisfactory, but the bed was hard. You can't win them all!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am very happy that we exceeded your expectations. The staff will be thrilled that all their hard work paid off. Because our address is a private road it does not appear on some GPS systems. We suggest using 17 New Rochester Rd.. It brings you right to our hotel.
What a great suggestion about the doggie day care. It just so happens that I have noticed a new one that just opened this month only a mile away. I definitely will visit them.
I apologize that the bed wasn't as comfortable as you would like. Due to the constant use, they do need to be on the firm side. They are a very high quality hotel mattress and we put a thick padded mattress pad on top. We try. Thank you very much for staying with us and we always enjoy all our furry friends.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Front desk guy was rude & loud. Hallway & room stunk and they attendant at breakfast was really pushy and made us feel unwelcome and rushed

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
10hoteldr, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We would love to have you come back and give us another try. 88% of our hotel is smoke free and they are not located anywhere near the ground floor where our lobby, breakfast area and beautiful pool are located. Your review gave the opinion that the entire hotel smelled of smoke which I assure you is not the case. Smoking rooms are all located in one small area of the hotel. We have multiple anti-smoke sprays going off on a continuous basis in that area. We also apologize that you felt rushed at breakfast. At times when it is busy with lots of families, the breakfast attendants have to move at a fast pace to keep up with the restocking. Please stay with us again, stop by the desk and introduce yourself. Have a great autumn season.
Bedford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We were on our honeymoon and stayed at this location while passing through the state. We were a walk in guest and late arrival. Patrick was very friendly, professional and made our check in easy. The room with King bed was clean, spacious and comfortable. Unfortunately I lost my custom made wedding band somewhere between the second floor and the restaurant the next morning. The staff was great in helping us look for it and seemed genuinely concerned and disappointed that this had occurred. Everyone did everything they could to help us find it, including going through garbage (twice).We never found the ring. Although it spoiled our stay we left with a good feeling about this hotel. Great staff, clean, comfortable and affordable. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your story. The entire staff was looking for your ring and they all kept asking if anyone had found it. I can happily share with the readers that you did find your ring in your luggage. I posted your note for the staff and everyone was so excited. You made our day.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Dover? Share your experiences!