“Grease and Dirt” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Boston, Massachusetts
“Grease and Dirt”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Duct Taped carpet loud bar crowd on weekends. Nothing special a lot of food seems pre made and reheated. Servers are a bit gruff.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lee, New Hampshire
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

According to the website the restaurant is called Asia Chinese and Japanese Restaurant, but it's the same place as named above (maybe the name on tripadvisor is the old name?). Anyway, not sure how we've missed this place since it's pretty big and we've driven down third street many times and not noticed it. We went on a whim and weren't expecting much because it's an older looking place. However, it was a very good experience and we will definitely be back. We got General Tso's chicken, which was very good (and we are extremely picky about general tso's, so we're not easily impressed) and it was a very large portion, much more than at other places. We also ordered Szechuan Spiced Chicken Lo Mein, which was excellent and a large portion as well. I ordered a California Roll, which tasted very good, but was different than I was expecting. Every California Roll I've ever had is cut into 6 pieces, but this was just one roll rolled up like a tortilla. A little trickier to eat, but just as delicious. Service was very good and friendly. There was a dinner buffet, but it was nearing the end of the buffet serving time and it didn't look as fresh as we'd hoped so we skipped that. Also, my husband ordered wonton soup and really loved it. He gets that everywhere he goes and usually it's just ok, but he was still having the soup after eating his entree, which means it's good because he doesn't normally continue eating after finishing his entree. Overall, a very good experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
dover
“takeout food is a 50/50 shot at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

I've purchased takeout from Asia on numerous occasions. Sometimes the food is excellent and sometimes not. The fried rice and vegetables is usually good. They have given me rice that is scorched . I open all containers from them out in the parking lot now. The fried shrimp are about 2 inches long with about 6 inches of crispy batter. Very disappointing. I ordered a lobster dish that turned out to be a bisque-like mess over rice. It was extremely salty and had pellets of something in it. "lobster. I guess". It went into the garbage can. Anyway , the fried rice is good if not scorched and if it is cooked fresh. Guys out front are gentlemen and helpful.

Been to Asia Chinese & Japanese? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Asia Chinese & Japanese, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.