“Eclectic & delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Boston
“Eclectic & delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We've eaten here twice and both dinners were delicious. The menu includes a wide selection of Japanese, Chinese & Vietnamese dishes. We were unfamiliar with Vietnamese cuisine, so we ordered several dishes. The chicken pho is wonderful with a complex & tasty broth. We ordered again on our second visit along with both Japanese & Chinese appetizers. The pan-fried Chinese dumplings were the largest I have seen & very tasty. We have not been disappointed with any of our choices. The staff is very friendly and service is fast & efficient. The only negative is that at both visits we sat at a booth opposite the door and every time it opened we had a cold blast of air. It's always been very full when we are there with a lively take-out business also. We have to travel at least 45 minutes from our home in Strafford, but we consider it worth the trip.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Seacoast NH
“Good Asian fare in an unexpected location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Tried this place on a whim and was pleasantly surprised. Fresh rolls were crisp, tasty and perfectly chilled and the dipping sauce was tasty. Pho ga was a nice portion, at first taste I was tempted to add salt but resisted the urge. I'm not 100% sold on it but it was good. Will go back and try the other items when I get a chance. The storefront is deceiving, inside is much nicer than it looks from the street view.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
neworleansLA
“Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Really liked the hot and sour soup. Pho was a tad bland. Ingredients are fresh and service is perfect. Great find for the area. I will be a repeat customer. Prices are not cheap but if they stay stable it will be my favorite asian restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NH
“Just like my Vietnamese friend's cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Vietnamese food here is very good. The ingredients are fresh and the flavors are wonderful. We had the fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce for an appetizer then the crispy calamari dish and a vermicelli dish with pork and fresh veggies for our main dish, we finished every single bite of it. It is so good it is worth the hour trip from our house. It is very much like my Vietnamese friend's cooking except the meats are cuts that most will eat. They also serve Japanese and Chinese food and they have a wide selection of vegetarian dishes. The service is fast and friendly and the prices are reasonable. We will definitely go back there again.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Keene, New Hampshire
“Great mix of Asian foods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised when we visited this restaurant. I have been a frequent traveler to many Asian countries including China, Japan and Vietnam and found the food that I had was very good and true to the way it tastes in the home country. I had a bit of sushi on this visit which was of good quality and then I had Pho and so called bbq spring rolls. The Pho was just like what I had in Saigon and was very delicious. The bbq spring rolls which are rolls with some type of pork based sausage, veggies and rice wrapper were excellent with the peanut sauce and also a little siracha. The sushi was very good quality and of course they have all of the rolls available that are really American but very good. My wife has Chinese food which is of the American chinese style of no surprises there. I did not spend time looking for more authentic Chinese items on the extensive menu because I was excited by the Vietnamese and Japanese offerings. I will return to try more! The service was very good. Waitress and other servers were very attentive and polite. The restaurant is a little rough on the outside but on the inside it has the feel of a thousand different small restaurants in Tokyo. Comfortable seating, wood decor and low lighting. I thought the prices were reasonable. Chinese and Japanese food was priced about as I would expect in this area. I have no other Vietnamese restaurants close by to compare pricing with. Try it!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Saigon Tokyo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Saigon Tokyo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.