“Extremely Comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Dover
Michigan
“Extremely Comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed in a compact but still reasonably spacious suite, with fine king bed, sofa, nicely equiped kitchen area, small dining table, and very nice comfort. One missing item is that there is no OVEN - for those of us who really would want one. Perhaps a little too pricey for some of us, but a very nice stay. Staff at desk were very pleasant and cooperative in any manner. Nice complimentary breakfast with the rooms, and even a small, decent dinner at no additional cost on our arrival. These places are set up to make you feel as comfortable as home and they do a very nice job of accomplishing most of that goal. Absolutely recommend these Suites by Hilton

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valued feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed here because all hotels in Portsmouth were full. The place looks worn out. Our suite had a pull out couch that had seen better days - not comfortable for an adult to sleep on. The bedroom had two doubles which were OK. Things were not particularly clean. I was happy with breakfast but was also happy to check out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I would like to start by thanking you for both staying with us, and giving us your valued feedback. I would like to also apologize for the inconveniences you had during your last stay. As of last month, I am the new General Manager and will be addressing the issues you have pointed out in your review. I have been with the Hilton family for nearly 10 years, and understand the value you expect whenever the Hilton name is used. I would love for you to return to our property and let us wow you. I can assure you, you will not have any issues with your next stay.

Scott Goldberg
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011 via mobile

We went there with our one year old for three nights in August. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They allowed us to check in earlier to allow our baby to take a nap in the room.

• Stayed August 2011
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us here in Dover. If there is anything we could have done better, please let me know.

Scott Goldberg
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed here July 25 thru July 29. Hotel is "preferred" with my company. I did not get the room type I reserved. I was "upgraded" to a One Bedroom King Suite (Room 301-Handicapped). When I complained at the front desk about not needing a handicapped room and not requesting an upgrade I was told that it was the only room available.

In the end, the upgrade worked out however the temperature in the room was difficult to control (either too hot or too cold) and the TV in the sitting area only worked about half of the time. Also after the first night my back started to hurt due to the uncomfortable bed.

I have reservations for this hotel in August and while the pool and hot tub were very nice and clean and the breakfast was okay I am not looking forward to possibly getting an uncomfortable bed again and being moved to a handicapped room which I do not need and should be saved for somebody who does.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Western Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

These people do it right. Very friendly and attentive service. Lovely and functional suite. Excellent wi-fi. Better than average breakfast.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Homewood Suites Dover! I'm delighted to hear that you are a frequent visitor and had another enjoyable experience with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to all our valued guests and it is nice to hear we are doing a good job! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Fort Myers Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed here as it was closely located to a friends wedding in Durham and the restaurants in Portsmouth. We were treated well the whole time. Jen, the Director of Sales, was very helpful in setting us up with a room and the front desk staff took care of everything from cabs to extra towels. Can't ask for anything more.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
HomewoodDoverNH, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell everyone of your experience at with us at the Homewood Suites - Dover, NH. We do try our best to make your stay a home away from home. It is always nice to know when we have pleased our guests. Thank you again for sharing your compliments and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Chichester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The rooms are clean and spacious! Full kitchen, and a little dining table! The bed was comfortable and the linens and pillows were super plush! I loved the pillows so much I ordered the same ones when I got home. This was actually larger than my one bedroom apartment. I could very easily live here full time. Free breakfast in the morning hot or cold! Driving distance to local beaches! Close to the major highway.

Room Tip: Easy to access from major highway!