“NEVER BOOK A WEDDING” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ragged Mountain

Ragged Mountain
620Ragged Mountain Road, PO Box 317, Danbury, NH 03230
603 768-3475(ski area) 603 768-3971(snow phone)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Danbury
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: Ragged Ski area offers glade skiing, a beginners run from the top and a good mix of beginner, intermediate and advanced skiing.
“NEVER BOOK A WEDDING”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I recently attended a wedding at Ragged Mountain. The venue was very nice and the wait staff was sufficient. However, the staff failed to inform their guests that the local police patrol their parking lot at the end of their events. Many guests were harassed by the police on the way out of the reception, and the whole event was ruined by overzealous small town cops. I would NEVER recommend this as a venue for a wedding or reception.

Visited August 2013

Salem, Ma.
7 attraction reviews
“Ragged Mountain Golf Club”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I played here in June 2013 and the coarse was in poor condition. The resort is sorely in of cash to bring the coarse up to a good standard. The greens were very poor and the fairways need to have garss in them. The layout is interesting with may elevation changes and carries over wetlands, but do to the very poor condition of the coarse i would take my money and time and play elsewhere.

Visited June 2013
North Reading, Massachusetts
“A Great Place for a Family to Ski”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

On the Saturday after Easter, 2013, my teenage daughter and I joined my brother and his daughter for a day of skiing at Ragged. The sun was out all day but the temps did not go above the 30's and the wind chill made it even colder. The mogul trails were iced over but their groomed trails were in great shape. This included greens, blues, and enough black diamonds to keep our day interesting. We skied mostly blues and blacks and there were enough trails open that we skied only a couple of the trails twice. We enjoyed a real sweet variety of terrain, conditions, and steepness including the Terrain trail which featured some breath-taking jumps.

Another highlight was the outstanding scenery in the distance with Mt Kersage toward the left, and the snowcapped peaks of Mt Layfayette and Mt Washington in the center and to the right respectively.

We never had a wait longer than a minute or two for any of the chairs. Our favorite lift was Six-Pack because it is a detachable 6-person chair that speeds you up the mountain. Rumor has it that there are plans to replace their slower triple chair with a high speed quad but I am not sure when.

The lodge is very accommodating for lunch including a microwave to heat up food from home.
I save over $50 on 2 lift tickets buy purchasing them online from Liftopia.com. I strongly recommend to do this but you need to make the purchase no later than the night before you ski.
We will definitely go back.

Visited April 2013
vermont
3 attraction reviews
“Pricey without the terrain.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Came here to ski with friends..... The price was jacked up, unless you bought "on line".... That seems like a bad way of doing business to me. The woman behind counter was less than nice. I would NEVER choose to ski here when there are mountains that treat their skiers much better for less money, and have better conditions/trails!!!! You can do better!!!!

Haverhill
“Great day of family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent a recent Sunday at Ragged Mountain and had a fabulous day. No long lines, an incredible 6-person high-speed quad, friendly staff and excellent skiing conditions made this day to remember. We will definitely ski this mountain again in 2014. Breath-taking views and lots of trails to choose, from kept everyone entertained.

Visited March 2013