“Adore Merrill Farm!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Merrill Farm Inn

You added Merrill Farm Inn to your Saves list
Merrill Farm Inn
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   428 White Mountain Hwy, Conway Village, Conway, NH 03860   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Conway
Sharon, Massachusetts
“Adore Merrill Farm!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2007

Spotless, welcoming, professionally run, comfortable we love this hotel! We especially like the duplex rooms---huge and perfect for families, the heated pool (outdoors), free canoes,and the daily, homemade chocolate chip cookies! All this at a good rate, too.

• Liked — Cleanliness, nice big rooms, cookies
  • Disliked — Carry own luggage up to room

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Liphook, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

We returned to Merrill Farm after a visit 11 years ago. We were rather put off by Trip Advisor reviews mentioning bedbugs and other unspeakables - we hoped that these related to the motel/cabins rather than the hotel rooms.

We were not disappointed. Our children (9 and 11) loved the extra space in the loft room. The homebaked muffin and maple butter breakfasts were as wholesome as ever and the afternoon cookies are still there too. For the first time we discovered the pool and also the free canoes on the beautiful river. Perhaps we're just British but we had no feeling that the place was "outdated".

If we had to make a criticism, it would be that the staff were not quite as open and welcoming as we remember - but perhaps this was just because they were busy with the demands of the high season.

• 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

We have just returned from a road trip around New England staying in many hotels. We found our stay at the Merrill Farm just what we wanted. My standards of cleanliness are high! The room was spotlessly clean, with air con and 2 bed, a king and a queen. The room was large and the bathroom was nice. The furniture was pretty and the bed the most comfortable we stayed in during the trip.
There was coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the dining area all day and until 10pm, you just help yourself. At 3.30 - 6pm is cookie time, you can have as many as you want and also lemonade for the children. There is no-one watching how many you have, it is all very relaxed! Breakfast was 'awesome!' Try the maple butter it's yummy.
I didn't recocnise the hotel from the previous reviews. If you are going there I am sure you will be pleased with the standard. Tip: go to Jackson, a small village just outside North Conway, The deli shop is great and the food and music at the wild cat inn is great.

• Liked — Clean, pretty, refreashments andconvienient location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2007

Stayed for a week at the end of July-beginning of August. We were a party of 10 and had 3 of the "cabins". The website looked very inviting and we were all looking forward to our annual family vacation. Our cabin was large enough and had many of the amenities described on the website, however the accomodations were old, outdated and could use some updating. Little things, like the remote controls for the TV and DVD player actually working. The bathroom was significantly outdated and could use a complete renovation and the bedding (clean but old and worn) left both my wife and I with back aches. We had planned on making all of our meals (we were in a cabin after all), however the kitchen was pretty inconvenient to use and the gas stove appeared to be an antique. Outside, the deck was old but served its purpose and the pool was nice, although there is a little wasp problem around the pool deck. The canoes were very nice and we used them every day, spending as much time in the very clean Saco as we did on it. The water was clean and cool and the river itself was beautiful. The breakfast was nice and the cookies at 3:30 were a welcome break. The staff seemed to be very nice as did the rest of the guests. The other cabins used by the other members of my wife's family shared many of the same charachterists as ours and we were overall disappointed with the "Resort" accomodations. That said, the area around North Conway was excellent and we had a great time in NH. There is more to do than can be done in a week. If you go, you have to go to Mt. Washington and Lost River Gorge. Both are within an hour of the hotel. For the price, if we went back (not likely) we would opt for a room in the main house.

• Liked — The complimentary canoes
  • Disliked — The bathroom
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cranston, RI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2007

I've been looking at the reviews of folks who stayed since we were there last summer, and I must say that I did not encounter any of the accusations I've read here.

The breakfast was really nice, homey, very bed & breakfast like. The grounds were very old world, but cute and next to a very scenic river. The rooms were nice (although the beds were not the most comfortable I've ever slept on). We booked loft type room so my in-laws could join us and we all thought it was beautiful.

The service was very friendly and the pool was great to go into during the hot July days we stayed there.

• Liked — Old world style
  • Disliked — The beds
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

My family and I (husband and two children) stayed at this hotel for a two night stay over New Year's Eve. We had stayed there many times in the past as well, but it had been about 5 years since our last stay. Unfortunately, over the past 5 years the place has deteriorated significantly and I don't see anyone maintaining this property at all. The room was old and needed updating badly. The bathroom was dirty (floor/tub). I wouldn't let my kids shower in there. GROSS!

I won't stay there again. It used to have a very country inn/homey feel. Now it just seems like a run down motel.

The staff was unfriendly as well. One night the people staying in the room next to us were making alot of noise. I called the front desk and it rang probably 30x and nobody answered. Not acceptable.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Dirty/Outdated
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

My boyfriend and I stayed at this Inn/Motel/Hotel Thanksgiving weekend to go shopping. We made our reservations late and they said they only had a smoking room or a cottage available.
-The price for both was very resonable, but since I am a non smoker I took the cottage, and left the smoking room for another couple who joined us (the woman smokes).
-Well, the cottage was VERY small, smaller than the motel smoking room my friends rented. The bed was unacceptably uncomfortable. On the first night my boyfriend and I didn't get to sleep until 4 a.m. due to the bed and also the heater that shuts on and off during the night (sounds like a tractor trailor driving by).
-The room was not clean, there were a few dead bugs on the floor and the pillow had brown stains on it (yuck) thank god I always bring my own bedding and pillows!!

On the good side, the view from the cottage was the Saco river and it was beautiful. We had our own BBQ that we used on the second night to make ourselves dinner. And, the people who work there are very friendly and offer great dining/entertainment tips. They have a decent continental breakfast w/home made muffins/cereal/coffee/tea. They also have daily cookie time from 3:30-6 and there is nothing like a warm baked chocolate chip cookie after a loooong day of x-mas shopping.

Honestly, for the price, I would go back. The entire weekend cost us only $150 in lodging (that is the rate for one night at surrounding hotels) I would request a room like my friends stayed in except non smoking.

TIP: The Red Fox, located in Jackson-about 1/2 miles past Story Land, has an unbelievable Sunday Jazz Brunch with live entertainment running until 1 p.m.

• Liked — The Price!!!!
  • Disliked — The Cleanliness :(
  • Tips/Secrets — Bring Your own pillows and sheets!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Merrill Farm Inn? Share your experiences!