“Last minute romance” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Tallahassee, Florida
“Last minute romance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I were traveling in NH recently to see the Fall Foliage. We had intended on staying the night in Manchester, NH, but while looking at hotels in this area we were unimpressed and decided to head north. While searching on Trip Advisor we happened upon the Centennial Inn in Concord, NH. We called the 800 number for reservations and were told they were full. We persisted and being seasoned travelers we knew to call the hotel directly. We talked to Peter who was very gracious and said they did have rooms and that we should come on over. When we arrived we were greeted by Peter who couldn't contain his joy of working for this Inn. He was extremely kind and offered my husband and I an upgrade to the Romance Package. Since we were celebrating our anniversary we said yes, since it provided us with a nice room and balcony, coupons for breakfast and dinner, as well as strawberries and champagne. Normally, champagne is my go to drink, but not this night. We were asked what we would like in it's place and Lisa very graciously substituted two huge glasses of Stella Artois, my husband's favorite. When we got to our rooms they had just done the turndown service which included robes, slippers and brownies. Our room was lovely and super comfortable. Dinner at the hotel and breakfast the following morning were wonderfully delicious. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was quite a surprise. When we drove up to the inn we were expecting a more Victorian ambiance since the exterior is, but once you walk in the door you instantly see how modern and tastefully decorated the inn is. After dinner we chatted with Peter and thanked him for his great recommendation and we had questions about the inn that he was happy to answer. He and Lisa even gave us a tour of the basement rooms that hold a lot of history. We totally enjoyed our unplanned visit and would recommend this to anyone who wants something extrardinary and out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: Definitely take the Romance Package and the rooms with the balconies and turrets are extra big and c...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
A hidden gem, that is what people refer to us as and I am so excited that you had a chance to find us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful experience while visiting us and dining in the Granite Restaurant & Bar. I have grown up in this area and cannot believe how lucky the community is to have such a beautiful, historic hotel and fine dining restaurant in Concord. You make special mention of our staff, Peter and Lisa. Our owners pride themselves on making sure all of our Hay Creek Properties "delight and surprise" our guests during each and every visit. It sounds like our staff did just that! Thank you again for your detailed review and we hope you have a chance to come back and visit with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ormond Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for a second time last month on my way to another place. Unfortunately I had forgotten about the noise from the bar/restaurant when I booked the room and ended up in one just up the stairs (last time I was right off the restaurant). I thought the bar would be quiet on a Tuesday night, but it is a popular place1 The bar and restaurant were hopping and noisy due to the wood floors. Despite the crowd, the bartender was really nice and very accommodating, offering to make me half a cheese plate when I mentioned that I couldn't eat a whole one and, having the kitchen make me something simple from the lunch menu when I really didn't want a big dinner. The downside was that when I returned to my room at 8pm it was as if I were still in the bar, it was so noisy. I was also looking forward to a nice, hot shower and the shower was one of those that barely trickles water out - not even enough to keep you warm while showering. Loved that there was coffee service out in the morning at the front desk so I could grab a quick cup to take back to my room while I got ready to go. I would stay there again, just making sure I had a room far from the bar.

Room Tip: Make sure you are nowhere near the bar/restaurant, even upstairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your recent visit with us. We have been very busy in Granite so yes, I can understand why you would have had to deal with some noise. When you visit with us in the future just inquire with the Front Desk Associate for a room away from the restaurant, we would be happy to accommodate you. Please also contact the front desk if you ever have a concern or issue with anything in your room, we will send someone to fix it as soon as we possibly can. Our goal is for your stay to be outstanding each and every time you visit.
Bedford, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Like a prior reviewer, we bought a 'Romance Package' and had a wonderful stay. Wasn't sure what to expect from the outside and location in the downtown area, but had read some great reviews and am very glad we tried it. The new decor really enhances the original architecture and our room had some nice features, like a cozy TV seating area and balcony porch seating. Comfortable bed & bathroom was bright, modern and very clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We had dinner and breakfast in the Granite Restaurant, both meals were excellent from start to finish. The packages that were available on their website made it a good value/deal, and we plan to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a first floor King turret--very nice. However, it is on the street so if the noise of...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel and Granite Restaurant & Bar. Our hotel is definitely a surprise to a lot of our guests. The outside Victorian brick building is very unique but when you walk through the front door, it is so very cool to see how the owners of Hay Creek Hotels renovated this beautiful boutique property! I am thrilled to hear that you had a chance to dine in our Restaurant. We are very fortunate to have such a quality group of staff working here and providing our guests with the best products and services. We look forward to your next visit with us!
rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I only stayed a couple of nights but very comfortable.
Room was good sized and bed very comfortable. Only distraction was a in room refrigerator which started up at odd times of the night. Only had 2 bottles of water inside so hardly worth the noise created.
Bathroom modern, smallish, only shower. Water pressure was poor in the room I had.
Breakfast was excellent and all round friendly service.
Lots of parking space and close to downtown,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. If you stay with us again and have any issues in your room, please do not hesitate to contact the Front Desk and they will send someone right up to your room to address any issues. We look forward to your next visit.
syracuse ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Good location, close to downtown Concord. Friendly, efficient staff. Second time I have stayed here. Rooms quite nice, comfortable beds, bath a bit cramped. Coffee at front desk in AM. Overallvery nice place, with good value.

Restaurant is also excellent......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that this was your second visit with us. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Snagged a Romance Package via email and spent an unexpectedly wonderful time at this historic gem. Room and dining room renovations are sleek and inviting. Christy, our bartender/server, is someone you want to bottle and take with you to all restaurants to insure great and knowledgeable service. The menu is wide ranging and well executed with incredibly reasonable prices. Our room was spacious, well appointed, comfortable, and the shower was outstanding. Each staff member we encountered was genuinely welcoming. We will be back again soon!

• Stayed August 2013
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for writing about your recent visit to the Centennial Hotel and Granite Restaurant & Bar. I am so happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel and our staff. Christie is an outstanding employee. She has been with us for years. We are so lucky to have such a welcoming, accommodating staff here at the Centennial. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I just stayed at the Centennial Hotel and had a wonderful experience. I loved the old building, which has been very tastefully renovated. The staff was just fabulous: friendly, helpful. My room was standard with a queen-size bed (no turrets!), but it was very comfortable. There wasn't a dresser, but instead convenient shelves in the separate closet/sink area to put things. I agree with an earlier reviewer that the tiled shower area with the glass wall was really neat. It also was very convenient to have an excellent restaurant right there. And, it certainly was a nice walk or very short drive to Main Street with its shops and restaurants. When I get back to Concord, I will definitely stay at the Centennial again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room, our restaurant and had a chance to visit our downtown. We are so lucky to have such a unique hotel located so close to Main Street. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Centennial Hotel? Share your experiences!