“Fabulous Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 hotels in Concord
Hartford, Connecticut
“Fabulous Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a fabulous hotel. The rooms are spacious and the decor is tasteful. The nightly treats at the bedside and welcoming robe and slippers are a great touch. Their staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The restaurant is terrific and you will likely find the locals at the bar who are friendly and engaging as well. Its a definite on on list of places to return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I have about 175 - 200 nights on the road a year. This was a personal trip and I found the Centennial to be a very nice stop in Concord. We ate at the Granite and found it to have a very nice bar, great bartender and interesting cuisine. Meal prices were reasonable and food quality was high.
Rooms were clean, large and reasonably priced.
The only negatitive isn't really a negative, but a watchout for managment. I needed a 1 night weekend night stay for this trip. I tried to book a night over the internet but it was a two night minium and their website refused my attempt to book a room. I called the hotel and booked a night no problem. If I hadn't bothered to call I would have been at the Courtyard. I am glad I called.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stay at the Centennial about 2x/month for business I have in Concord. It's such a pleasant departure from the sterile feel of a Marriott, which is my usual go-to. Every room is different so at each check in I'm not sure which variation of beauty and charm I'll get!! Very homey and in a beautiful neighborhood. Restaurant and bar is great. Although if you're in need of a speedy early breakfast to get out the door, you have to plan for a much slower pace.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Granite_96, General Manager at Centennial Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you truly enjoy what we have to offer at the Centennial. I also appreciate your comments about the "speed" of service during breakfast. Our goal is to get folks in and out as soon as possible in the morning knowing that most of our guests are travelling on business. We hope to see you again soon!
Sue O'Donnell
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Centennial in October 2011. This relatively new hotel is in a cool renovated building. The staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was spacious, clean, and very comfortable. The bathroom was quite nice and good-sized. At about $140 per night, the standard king room is a great value. The location is a little far from the center of downtown to walk, but overall, we really enjoyed our brief stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

We stayed at the Centennial last weekend - we loved our room! I am from Concord, came home to visit family. We stayed two nights and really enjoyed our stay. Great little bar and restaurant - had breakfast on Saturday (serivce was a little slow but the food was great).
We will be returning next month - coming home for a family reunion!

The only thing we wish we had in our room was a coffee maker - both of us like to start our day with a coffee in bed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Broughty ferry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Came upon this hotel by chance. Built around 110 years ago in style of Scottish manse. We had one of turreted rooms which was massive,even for three! Furnishings and decor very tasteful. Rester aunt excellent. Front desk very helpful recommending fabulous,reasonably priced Mexican food in the town just a short walk away. Room was just over 200 USD with breakfast on top.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Clane, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

My wife and I just stayed the one night here on our road trip, it was a perfect small hotel with a lovely restaurant, albeit a little pricey.

They know how to mix a very strong Gin & Tonic as my wife will attest to once we stood up after the meal. Luckily enough our room was just up the back stairway, feet from the restaurant, so not far to stumble.

The room was small but well proportioned, with very little noise to be heard from the restaurant. Overall we had a lovely stay and reception was well run.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Centennial Hotel? Share your experiences!