“Stay Away” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Concord
freq_wrld_travel
“Stay Away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I checked into this hotel late in the evening. When I arrived there was no one at the front desk, so I had to call them to get them to come to check me in. I should have left then....The attendant was not very helpful and acted put out that she had to work. The lobby smelled bad. I was traveling alone with my 2 young children. I was struggling to get our luggage in the front doors without smashing the children because they do not have automatic doors. The attendant did not offer to help in anyway she just stood and watched. When we arrived in the room it was dirty. I had to clean the hair out of the bathtub before I could get my children cleaned up. The floors were so dirty that I made my children wear their shoes at all time in the room. In the morning we left and again as I struggled to get out of the door neither of the two attendants offered to help. I would have to say this hotel was a huge disappointment. I expect much higher standards from a Marriott. I would never stay here again! I am an elite Marriott member as I travel a lot and do not tolerate filth. If it had not been so late when we checked in I would have left the hotel and found another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Management saved on real estate costs when it purchased the site for this hotel. It lies between a railroad track (perhaps unused) and the main superhighway running through Concord. You can walk to the quaint downtown area, but through a neighborhood that quickens your step. The hotel itself was clean and well maintained with adequate help from an indifferent staff. Make this your safety hotel if you cannot find other accommodations; really not suitable if you are not on business. It had those horrid, noisy through the wall air conditioners, evidently to drown out the traffic noise.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

During our relocation to Concord NH from Wilmington NC, I really wanted to stay at this hotel while my household goods were in transit. Understanding that the hotel does not accept pets, I explained my situation to the manager Patty who graciously allowed my well behaved dachshund (Gretel) to stay with us for the 4 days. At our request, she placed us in the ground floor room, closest to the exit for Gretel's convenience. The staff again, made our stay comfortable & flawless. It's my pleasure to again recommend this hotel for your stay if ever in the Concord, Lakes Region or White Mountain area of New Hampshire.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

A perfectly nice motel, with pleasant staff. Breakfast on the weekend was nothing special (hard-boiled eggs were the treat for Sunday) but was convenient. The bathtub surface was very slippery so I avoided using the shower. Look for the "lodging" sign at the entrance to the Common Man Restaurant and drive between the "dining" and "event" parking lots to the motel (I didn't see a street sign or a specific hotel sign).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Binghamton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

Spent one night at the Fairfield in Concord. The hotel is along the Interstate, and in my Interstate-facing room, I could easily hear some highway traffic, but it wasn't terrible. The room was good sized with plenty of TV selections and comfortable bedding. There was cookies, bottled water, and warm beverages (coffee, tea, etc) in the lobby during the evening, and the breakfast selections weren't too bad, including frozen omlettes, hash browns, and breakfast sandwhiches, as well as a waffle station. The business center was useful, but slow (which I expected). I asked for a restaurant list, but it wasn't too helpful. The heating unit in the room was difficult to control, as I would go from too hot to too cold quite quickly. But all in all, I'd easily stay here again for the location and some of the extra amenities.

• Liked — Location, snacks, breakfast
  • Disliked — Highway noise, heating unit
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

we stayed one night on our way from mystic to north conway,the front desk staff were excellent very friendly and helpfull ,cookies free coffee were available in the lobby and the continenetal breakfast was very good .there was free internet available for those without laptops. Although close to the main highway there was little to no noise ,it could do with a bigger sign to say where it is as you turn off the highway but that is a small point.we had a very pleasurable stay . If you want a good place to eat just walk over to the Common Man resturaunt /bar nearby very good food and service.

• Liked — the room and the staff
  • Disliked — the sign to find it
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2008

Won this room through Priceline. Stayed 4 nights, room had a queen bed, sofa, chair, free SLOW wi-fi, room on top (3rd floor) and faced the highway. No noise from outside but some noise could be heard from inside. Mostly quiet but I could hear children running up and down the hallway and although on the top (3rd floor), it felt like kids were jumping on the floor above. This is a non-smoking hotel but I don't think it's strictly enforced. My room smelled like the previous occupants smoked in it. Saw ashes in the air conditioner. Walking down the hallway you could also smell cigarette smoke. Bath tub was pretty slippery and there was evidence that a bathmat (could see outline) used to be in the tub but was taken away. It could definitely use a bathmat as someone could easily slip and fall in the tub. Towels were thin. Soaps, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided as well as coffee, sugar, cream to use with room coffeemaker. Bed was extremely comfortable, room was clean with an updated decor. The free breakfast was nice, the waffles were delicious. Lady that worked there said "I'm used to You People" when she asked if I needed help with the waffle machine. Didn't argue or comment to her about what she had just said because she's 60 years old. Smoker's milled around the front entrance into the hotel so sometimes that made coming/going uncomfortable. There's free water bottles and brownies right as you enter the hotel. It's conveniently located, close to restaurants and a very nice CVS. I travel to Concord about every 6 to 8 weeks and have stayed at other Concord hotels. This was probably my least favorite hotel although not a bad place to stay. I would stay here again if won through PriceLine.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Smoking smell.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Fairfield Inn Concord? Share your experiences!