“Consistent” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
New Hampshire
“Consistent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Although the prices have gone up a little too much over the last two or three years, I would still recommend the restaurant for occasional dining. Prefer to eat there for dinner as the lunch menu prices are the same as the dinner prices, and if you are not careful you will end up with an expensive parking ticket on your car from the lot outside the restaurant to boot!. I do enjoy their nachos although it does seem like the quantity on the plate has been shrinking - and for $14, I think they should give you a lot more than a one layer spread of nachos on an average sized dinner plate. My husband seems to like the beef quesidillas but I find their quesidillas to be plain and blah. It looks like the only ingredient is beef under the tortilla and not much flavor unless you smother it with sour cream and salsa. Even though the prices are a bit steep for Mexican fare, the restaurant is always crowded when we have gone. I had one bad incident there about a year ago when the manager in charge argued with me over the meal I ordered, but other than that, have typically felt satisfied with the meal and the service. I wish there was a 3.5 star rating for good as they fall somewhere in between average and very good. I would not give it higher than four stars until their prices come more in line with the quantity that they serve.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lakeland, Tennessee
“Almost Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The restaurant was clean and the staff friendly, Our server did everything she could to make our visit pleasant, but the owner has never been to a really good Mexican Restaurant. The food was bland. The chef does not know the difference between salsa and pico de gallo. The red sauce had too much chili powder. Can anyone say boring?

Visited July 2013
New Hampshire
“Very Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Nothing terrible about our experience. First thing we noticed when we stopped for lunch was there were no lunch specials. You had to pick from the main menu and pay dinner prices. In the competitive field of lunch dining, they should have lunch specials at lunch prices. Also, no tortilla chips provided prior to the meal though many Mexican places now offer that. Service was very non-existent, I think they only had one waitstaff on and there weren't many people there for lunch. Very unimpressed with the meals too. It wouldn't take much to be average. We will likely not visit again and would not recommend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Benson, Arizona, United States
“update to my last review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Its been a while since we have been to Hermanos. I have seen the mediocre reviews recently and wondered what went wrong. We have been patrons there for over 20 years. The food has always been terrific. While some feel this its not authentic Mexican food, they are mistaken. This firmly represents Sinaloa cantina style food. You can go to any cantina in most small Towns in Sinaloa Mexico and get similar fare. The food has always been fresh and quality and still is today. While prices are higher, they are everywhere. We had garlic chicken nacho a and they were as good as always. Service has always been relaxed and not rushed. The food is NOT Texmex. Never has been. As I live in Arizona now, I know Mexican and southwestern food. Hermanos does a good job, best in New England. IMHO.

Visited June 2013
Concord, New Hampshire
“No GO!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have given this restaurant three chances, which is all I give any restaurant. All three times it was very disappointing, and once I was even sick a few minutes after leaving. The food is mediocre & very bland, the service was poor and the drinks are small and lack any flare. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited March 2013