“Nice Place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Concord
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

No Problems, very clean, good staff. We found it quiet. One of the nicer Courtyards. Bar is open 7 days a week, but they are thinking of closing it on the weekends. Nothing else to report.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The highway ramps to downtown concord
  • Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Blairstown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2007

We stayed here on Sunday, July 1st. We had traveled up for the race from NJ. Everything about this hotel was just what we were looking for. I had called several times to confirm our reservation as we would have a late check in. I was assured we were confirmed. And the morning of we dropped a vehicle off, and checked inside they were nice enough to say they would have everything waiting for us when we got back, which was close to midnight. No problems, whatso ever, except that our toilet had some issue, but they were taken care of right away.

The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, i LOVE the pillows. Property was clean and smoke free, which as a smoker was fine with me. Very accomodating, would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
lawrenceville,ga
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2007

I was at the Concord Courtyard for a state conference. The location is a bit tricky to find, even after you have been on the property. The parking is wonderful and they are updating the entire hotel....soon, everything will be new! The front desk staff and convention staff were great! Everything was set up to my expectations and with a smile. Check in was a breeze. My room was on the third floor and in the middle of the hall.
I thought it was kind of small but I was there alone, so this was no big deal. The first night, I listened to the TV in the room next to me until 11:30, when I finally called the front desk to please ask my neighbors to turn the volume down. They were prompt about calling and I heard the phone ring 3 times as if it were right in my room. The occupant turned the TV down. Is it normal to hear these things in the next room? I am a business traveler and spend over 75 nights per year in hotels. I feel, you should have some privacy in your own room. The next night, the hotel was practically empty and it was VERY quiet. You will not be disturbed by outside noise...only your noisy neighbors.
The front desk offers a nice brochure with area restaurants and directions to said establishments.
While in Concord, I ate at Don Giovanni's...absolutely delicious...superior service and large portions...do not miss it.
I hope to be able to dine there again!
Then, I ate at Hermano's Mexican...what can I say, when you have to pay extra for chips, rice and beans...you know something is fishy. Have you ever heard of a la carte Mexican? I have not.
The restaurant was crowded and I was told repeatedly how this was the best Mexican restaurant in Concord.While this may be true, I have eaten in Mexican restaurants across the country and in Mexico...take my word...skip it!!! There are other options for dining right in the area.
The area itself it lovely and close to the downtown section too!

• Liked — cheerful front desk
  • Disliked — noise that floated into my room from the adjacent room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2006

Stayed here for one night on the way home from Laconia Bike Week. Front desk was excellent and very friendly. It was quite busy the night we were there but we were checked in quickly. Room was huge, I think we had a corner unit. There was a fridge and microwave, nice clean bathroom and a note with a phone number to call if we needed anything. Housekeeping's phone number was also posted for us to call if we wanted to change pillows. Nice touch. No view as it is right off of the highway but that is why we selected it, easy off-easy on. There is an indoor pool, which we did not use, but looked like there were several families enjoying it. Continental breakfast was included in price and had a nice variety, waffles, bagels, pastries, fruit, etc. The night we stayed someone's custom motorcycle was stolen but I do not believe this was the fault of the hotel. I think it was a professional job as the person whose bike it was said it was surrounded by other bikes, blocked in. The area is very safe and this one incident would not deter me from staying here again. Would highly recommend this hotel. For the price we paid, it was a great value and exceeded our expectations.

• Liked — staff
  • Disliked — nothing-great hotel
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2006

Perhaps a little nicer than you'd expect from a 3-star hotel in a small New England town, with very sweet and helpful employees. Our room was spotless and well put together. It's not luxury -- not by a long shot -- but it's a perfectly servicable place to stay.

We heard from other people who have stayed at the other hotels in the area that the Courtyard is the best of the bunch, and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed July 2006
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

I stayed at the Concord Courtyard in eary July 2006. I was impressed by the cleanliness and helpful nature of the staff. My room had 5 down pillows, white sheets, a clean bathroom and new carpeting. I stayed at the Marriot before and this Courtyard was in keeping with the Marriot tradition. There is a nice pool and whirlpool area. There is a guest laundry room and a gym room with modern machines.. Also, I liked the lobby area. At night, the sitting area becomes a cocktail lounge where you can order any drink and get some complimentary popcorn. Across from the front desk is a concession stand of chocolates, candy, cookies, ice cream , and cold drinks for sale. This is good for the kids or people who get the late night munchies. Lastly, there is a conference area for meetings, weddings, etc. One more thing, there is a free coffee, tea, espresso and hot chocolate machine in the sitting area. So, as you can see, a great deal has change since 2005. (I liked the food and it has ample parking.)

• Stayed July 2006
Madison, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2006

We stayed at this hotel for one night in April, taking advantage of the hotel's "Romance Package", which was being offered at that time. Our rate included a room with a hot tub, a free bottle of champagne and free breakfast buffet in the morning. The room itself was very comfortable, and my wife certainly enjoyed the hot tub. The property also features an indoor pool and whirlpool, as well as a fitness room. These facilities were typical of most Courtyard hotels. We took advantage of the indoor pool, which was completely empty when we were there. So, that was a treat, as well.

As far as the surrounding area, the hotel is very close to downtown Concord, yet not right in downtown. It is in a rather odd area, off the main drag downtown, which is not a negative in my opinion. You don't have all the noise coming with being located right downtown, but yet the hotel is within very quick driving distance to all the action. The hotel does offer a full service restaurant, which we did not take advantage of. We decided to venture into downtown Concord and ate at Margaritas for dinner. Now, if you are from New England, you are probably familiar with Margaritas Mexican restaurant. They are quite prevalent in many areas. However, what made this restaurant unique, is that is was originally a jail. Many of the booths are in the actual jail cells. So, that in itself was an experience, to get served in a jail cell. Also, if you have young children, there is an excellent toyshop called "French's Toy Shop", located on the same street as the restaurant.

Now, back to the hotel, my only minor complaint is that our room was located at the end of the hallway on the lower level, adjacent to the convention center (located at the hotel). We stayed on a Saturday night, so there was an event happening in the convention center. We enjoyed from the comfort of our room, lots of dance music and an energetic DJ. I'm sure that may have been upsetting to some people. But, it did not stop either of us from falling asleep and getting a good night's rest. The next morning, we enjoyed the hot buffet breakfast, which had a decent selection, including eggs, sausage, and waffles.

Overall, we had a very positive experience at this hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed April 2006

Been to Courtyard Concord? Share your experiences!