“Nice Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Steaks and Seafood South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 141 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 s main st
Description: Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, ME. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.
Burlington, North Carolina
“Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our group of 4 had dinner there on a Tuesday night. We had small filets which were delicious. Some of us ordered mashed potatoes and received really large servings. I had the sweet potato fries, which were really good. Bread was served hot and in a paper bag. I don't think I have seen that in a nice restaurant before but I did not have a problem with it and the bread was really good!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Concord, New Hampshire
“Good for Concord, NH”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Food is delicious, not quite worth the price, but really tasty and nicely prepared. Expect portions on the small side, but after all, this is gourmet. The place is beautiful in a newly renovated building on Main St. Parking is easy - park on the street (free after 5PM weeknights and all weekend) or in the attached garage. Service could be better - the waitstaff and hostess are friendly, but not fast. The bar is gorgeous and a more economical way to enjoy this Concord gem on a weekend night. Huge wine selection, nicely showcased behind glass. If you have seen Date Night with Steve Carrell, this place is "Claw."

Visited November 2013
Tanabe, Japan
“Great atmosphere, friendly staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Went to eat dinner at O's on a Friday evening without having made a reservation and it was absolutely packed around 7:30. We had intended on eating at the bar, but it was too crowded and the wait for a table was an hour. We took a short walk around Concord to kill some time and when we got back to the restaurant it had really emptied out and we were able to sit immediately at a long table.

We started off with drinks (their "Filthy" martini is to die for!) and the sweet and sour calamari. I've had better quality squid before, and they dressed the calamari with the sauce instead of putting it on the side which made it a little soggy.

I had originally wanted to try one of the Kobe steaks, but at $45 for the 16 oz. portion I decided to go with the Kobe and shiitake meatloaf, which was served with a side and asparagus. The meatloaf was quite greasy and heavy. If you don't like the side that comes with the entree they will let you sub it out for any of the other ones on the menu, which is a huge plus. I chose the corn pudding which was absolutely decadent. I could barely eat half of the portion, and the meatloaf was also more than I could eat. My boyfriend got the NY strip which he enjoyed.

We were sat with another party of two women who ended up being quite entertaining while we waited for our food. We stayed for a few more rounds of drinks and then called it a night.

I agree with another reviewer's opinion who said that the restaurant area is VERY dark. The service was really fantastic and the courses were spaced out really well. Our waitress was really helpful in answering questions about the menu and gave great recommendations. I would definitely come back to O's because there are a lot more things on the menu I'd like to try, and the atmosphere was enjoyable.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
londonderry, NH
“Nice restaurant but not consistent.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I ate st O's twice in the last two weeks. The first visit I had a large lunch salad with chicken which was quite good. However, our server was inattentive and rude. I thought I would give the service another try and went back to O's. The server on my second visit was quite pleasant and attentive. The fish tacos were excellent. However, the pumpkin soup was very disappointing. The restaurant is tastefully decorated in a modern way.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Concord, New Hampshire
“Special evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is your only option for a "special evening" in Concord. O doesn't disappoint, though it doesn't wow either. We visited for our anniversary, had appetizers, drinks, dessert and enjoyed the atmosphere and tastes.

Visited October 2013