“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
O'Steaks and Seafood South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 126 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 11 s main st
Description: Another "must dine" created by Chef Owner Scott Ouellette, O Steaks & Seafood South is located in Concord, ME. Offering only the freshest ingredients we work to bring you the classic steak house with something extra. Steak not your choice? Try the Lobster Mac & Cheese or one of our freshly prepared seafood dishes. Don't miss the Corn Pudding which is a must have or the Kobe Beef O pops. O Steaks and Seafood's wine list has been hand selected by Scott offering over twenty wines by the glass.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to visit a friend in Concord. We decided to go to O's for lunch to take advantage of the outdoor seating since it was a beautiful day. The atmosphere inside was very nice and contemporary, but we sat outside. We placed our order, I got the ahi tuna and she got the salmon BLT. When our meals arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The presentation was was very nice. The portions were good, but I wish there was a little more tuna with my meal. There were plenty of noodles and vegetables and it tasted wonderful. My friend enjoyed her salmon BLT with sweet potato fries. Again, the portion was good and it was very tasty. We would definitely go there again.

Visited July 2013

New England
“Ruths Chris wannabe . . . but not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our first trip to O'Steaks and Seafood. We sat in dining room, and high ceilings made it hard to hear conversation across table as place was full. Nice atmosphere, a bit dark, and next time we'd sit in the bar where the windows are. This is my pet peeve, but I really dislike it when high end restaurants sell wine by the ounce (3oz. and 6oz. - really???) and measure it out before serving! Don't have a large red wine glass on the table if you are not going to fill it to the appropriate widest portion of the glass! I think that's cheap at a place with prices such as O'Steaks! Food is expensive, and I sense they are trying to emulate Ruths Chris, but I will say they did have a full house so must be making some people happy. Side dishes are extra unless they come with a special, and most can be shared although they say they charge for split plates (so just don't announce what your plan is before you order!). The lobster corn chowder has shredded lobster in it (and sometimes the occasional shell piece). It is good but very rich; a bowl was more than one of our party could eat as a dinner entree. Chopped wedge was literally a half a head of lettuce; excellent blue cheese dressing. Caesar salad was also very good (anchovies flavor in dressing). One member of our party had a swordfish special which was excellent as was the risotto on the side. The problem was the steak- NY strip center cut (not the prime) - which was average at best. It was cooked properly, but not exceptionally flavorful. The french fries on the side were paltry and ordinary looking/tasting with no presentation of the dish whatsoever. The mac and cheese side was excellent with a flavor more like a fettuccine than traditional cheese (although it was not runny). Carrot cake was moist and delicious. It's not that the food wasn't good, but since they advertise themselves as a steak house, one would expect the steak to be above average. I sense by having average strip steak, they are encouraging people to go for the Kobe and Prime cuts (prices VERY high), and that would be their excuse for the lower price steak being average.

• Visited May 2013
NH
“Not as good as it thinks”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been to O'Steaks and Seafood six or seven times since it opened a couple of years ago - always hoping it will be better.
Pros -
Great location on Main Street, next to Red River Theatres and Gibson's Book Store.
Outside seating, which is rare in Concord
Interesting mixed drinks
Fun atmosphere - at the bar
Cons -
Really bad service. On four occasions, we have been forgotten for 30 minutes or more, and when we've brought this to the manager's attention, we still haven't gotten improved service. The restaurant does not staff the dining, bar and outside area sufficiently.
Menu doesn't change. The dinner menu is really heavy with steaks. The bar menu has some interesting lighter options but it hasn't changed.

The biggest problem by far is the service. At these prices - $100 for two for dinner and drinks - the service should be much much better.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Hampshire, United States
“Fantastic all the way around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We first went to 0 in April of 2012 at the request of my son who was celebrating a birthday. We love the atmosphere, menu, service and find the prices very reasonable. We have been back 5 or 6 times since and have never been disappointed. It is a 30 minute drive from our home outside of Manchester and we would eat here over the Chop House any day of the week.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Concords best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Between dinners, business dinner meetings lunches etc have been there about 50 times. Clearly I am a fan. Prefer to sit at bar and enjoy banter with bartenders. Food is great and Scott Oulett (owner) will make it right if not to your liking. The place has it's share of regulars but the staff treats all well without overt favoritism. I like that. 32 oz Kobe is good for three meals and the amazing corn pudding is simply the best comfort food I have ever had. Your server can have all calories removed if you request.
Dinner with drinks will surely lighten your wallet but lunch is the bargain of the century! Trust me.
Remarkably child friendly to boot. If there is a downside it is that I still like the Lakeport location better! Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere