We were looking for a place to stay in the White Mountains so that we could visit the Cog Railway on Mt. Washington, and do some hiking to waterfalls. Bear Mountain Lodge was a wonderful location for us. Beautiful rustic decor, peaceful wooded surroundings, nice deck to relax on, great breakfasts, and a hot tub (which we didn't use because we ended up spending our entire day out in the woods, taking advantage of the long daylight, but it looked inviting). Had a great time talking to the other guests (one couple from England). Bed was comfortable, and our room had a large bathroom with an interesting steam shower.
The only thing I could possibly make a negative comment about is that breakfast is from 8:30 to 9:30 which is a little more restrictive than most B&B's we've stayed in, but it wasn't too much of an issue for us. Might have been if we wanted to get on the early Cog train or do some early hiking. Hosts were very friendly and helpful in terms of finding local attractions. Definitely a great place to stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grande log bed & breakfast reminiscent of those in our National Parks, located in the heart of the White Mountains in Bethlehem, NH. Built of huge logs and decorated with comfortable western furniture, the Lodge is warm and inviting from the moment you walk through the front doors and catch a glimpse of Mt. Washington. With 9 romantic guest rooms, panoramic views, crackling fires and great breakfasts, we've created an atmosphere where you can unwind and feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and T4B so you can book your Bear Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Mountain Hotel Bethlehem
- Bear Mountain Lodge Bethlehem, NH - White Mountains