“Manchester Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Manchester Airport

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bedford
Quality Inn Manchester Airport
You added Quality Inn Manchester Airport to your Saves list
121 South River Road, Bedford, NH 03110   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Bedford
North Hampton, New Hampshire
“Manchester Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

A blizzard was predicted for tues, march 19. After working all day Monday, we were afraid getting to the Manchester Airport at 5 a.m. might be hazardous. We made reservations on line at 7 p.m. to spend the night at this motel and take their free shuttle to the airport in the morning. Price was more than fair, beautiful room, wonderful personnel and great shuttle to airport in 'blizzard' conditions in the morning. coffee and muffins 24/7. highly recommend using this motel for peace of mind!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed here prior to catching a flight and althouhg the hotel only looked ok the service was very accommodating. They were helpful with the kids in the group and recommendsed somewhere nice for dinner that actually was nice. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Claremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

My wife and I stayed here two separate nights in August, 2010. The rooms are spacious, well eqiuipped with microwave and refrigerator. The morning breakfast is exceptional for this level and priced hotel. The service was top rate with transporation both to and from the airport right on time. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

As others have said, the hotel is hard to find, especially if you're arriving at night (and we had a GPS!). There aren't any big signs and the entrance we eventually found was through the strip mall parking lot next door.

On the outside the place looks a bit run down, but the room we stayed in was recently renovated and very nice. We had a great nights sleep on Friday night, but there were teenagers next door having a big party on Saturday night with loud music and movies and a barking dog. It almost sounded like they were in the room, but I'm thinking no amount of insulation between the walls could've prevented that.

My room was in a separate building that was not connected to the reception area. My biggest concern, and the main reason I haven't returned, is that the card access to the front door of the building I was staying in was broken. So there was no security! The area didn't feel unsafe, but still.

THE GOOD: Pet friendly! The price was a steal (I got a great deal through Orbitz by using a coupon). Renovated, clean room. Friendly staff. Free continental breakfast (which was decent as these free breakfasts go).

THE BAD: Broken card reader on the front door. Noisy teenage guests (though I find that this happens from time to time when I stay at these budget hotels)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

The Quality Inn Manchester Airport, also known as the Wayfarer Inn met all my needs. I stayed there in April and November of this year while on business. I had a room which was well appointed, comfortable, clean and quiet, had computer WiFi access and the location was close to all places I needed to be. The staff was friendly enough. And the price was a very good deal – much less than other properties nearby. This worked for me.

The story behind the Wayfarer is that it is a large convention center and was the IN place to be during primary seasons in the 60’s and 70’s. It is a large hotel with 180 rooms and several large convention rooms set in a very scenic sprawling site complete with a waterfall and covered bridge. In the 90’s it changed hands several times ending up with the Jitan Group from Brocton MA. They did a renovation in 2007 resulting in nice furnishings in the rooms. Unfortunately, they otherwise clearly demonstrated how NOT to run a large hotel and convention center. The hotel was quite empty on the weekends I stayed there, there was little to no signage showing how to get to the property and the center wasn’t even listed in the yellow pages under “banquet halls”. From the downturn in guests, they closed Quackers restaurant, once considered a very trendy place to go. They then closed the pools and cut back on the breakfasts and other amenities. Maintenance was curtailed, evident in the musty hallways in some wings and smell of gas near the restaurant. None of these affected me as I was in a wing on the other side of the property.

The final insult is that they have closed the property for renovation. What this really means is that they will knock down ¾ of the facility and sell it off to a developer building a mall. When they open next April, the motel will be only in the renovated Upper Falls wing (80 rooms), with no other facilities. One can guess that the service will be minimal as they try to maximize profit out of minimal effort. It is really sad to see a classy place go this way based on lack of effort.

So, I was quite happy with my stay, but sad to see this turn of events. And it was a bit of an eerie feeling knowing that I was one of the last guests to stay in this storied hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
OKC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

What a weird trip. The hotel is now being closed by the weekend of 11/14/09. It was relatively clean, but not really. Worse, it was just CREEPY. First, not being able to find it as there is NO sign and requires specific directions to the hotel, and next, having the property splayed all over hell's half acre. There are many little and big stairs you must descend or climb and I was in the most remote section, with only, literally about 5 people staying in the entire hotel. In the night, alarms went off in the distance, and when I phoned, the front desk casually said that the Macy's department store next door had been ROBBED. No sense of what happened, was I safe in my room, were the cars safe, nothing. Next, about two AM, I phoned back because I could still hear the alarm. She said "It could be a car alarm. It might be your car alarm but I can't leave the desk to go check it. Maybe YOU should go check it." Weird. I said, No I'm not leaving my room because of the robbery - maybe there were creeps out there. I asked the front desk to phone the police to check on the alarm and then asked for her to PHONE ME BACK when she learned what happened. She never did. I could hear the alarm going off somewhere until about 6 AM. Later, I talked to the front desk person, who apparently was not the same one or two? from the night before. She admitted that the place was haunted and that Old Mr. Goff walked the halls at night. She also relayed a personal experience she had but I don't relate it here. CREEPY CREEPY CREEPY. I KNEW something was wrong with the hotel. I'd never stay there, even after the "renovation." Perhaps an exorcism is needed!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We chose the Qualify Inn Manchester Airport for our final night of an 11-day trip to New England. We arrived late and had to catch an early flight the next morning. The hotel's shuttle picked us up within 20 minutes of calling that evening and even delivered us back at the Manchester Airport at 4 AM. Needless to say, we spent precious few hours at the hotel but we found it quite nice. Our room was large and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom, however, needed some minor repairs (ceiling damage due to a leak upstairs needed painting, grout in one floor tile needed to be regrouted, and the sink faucet needed to be lubricated so it opened easier).

The hotel did not contain a restaurant so we walked across the parking lot to a nearby Italian restaurant. Due to our early departure, we did not utilize the complimentary breakfast.

All in all, we liked the hotel and its staff. We would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Manchester Airport? Share your experiences!