We were traveling in New England for our first "leaf peeping" trip. Our last night we had no reservations. While driving to Manchester, NH on Route 101. We tried calling Hampton Inn's phone number found on Internet. After speaking with reservationist and giving credit card we find out it is Expedia. While waiting on hold to get reservation corrected we got disconnected. They never gave us a confirmation. When we were able to get phone service again we called Hampton directly and started making reservation for two rooms. After giving reservationist my Hilton Honors number we were disconnected.
When we arrive at the hotel 15 minutes later I asked to speak with manager. Jenny Warren said she was the manager. I explained that I had been a Hilton Honors member since 2000. Eleven years and ALWAYS stayed at Hampton Inn. I proceeded to tell her we needed 2 rooms.
She said we had 3 rooms. One was paid through Expedia and 2 rooms were booked through HI reservations. I again explained what happened and asked that 1 room be cancelled. She told me that it was past cancellation time and I had 3 rooms. I then asked for her boss whom she said had already gone home(5:55pm). I tried to reason with this UNYIELDING person to no avail. She said THIS Hampton Inn had a policy of not accepting cancellations after time.
I again told her I would gladly pay for the two rooms, just cancel one. She said NO EXCEPTIONS. Then she was going to charge me the third room and not give me the key to it. She said it would be a "no show" charge. I asked how much for that. She said full price. I then made her give me the keys to all 3 rooms. I figured she would rent that room out twice.
This all happened at Hampton Inn on #8 Hawthorne Drive, Bedford NH. BE CAREFUL when making reservations here. You could be staying in two or three rooms!
During the conversation with Jenny Warren she mentioned that this is a big problem at their hotel and they decided to take the UNYIELDING approach.
The general manager was unavailable to help us with this problem. His name is Enam Rahman.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford Hotel
- Hampton Inn And Suites Manchester - Bedford
- Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford Hotel Bedford
- Hampton Inn Bedford
- Hampton Inn Hotel Manchester
- Bedford Hampton Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Manchester - Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.