“Never Disappointed” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 2 other locations in new hampshire, nashua and bow both already listed at trip advisor
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Never Disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food is fresh and high quality. The staff is attentive & friendly. The food never disappoints and we have never been unhappy (or hungry) upon leaving. Definitely worth the trip although the portion size for the money isn't equivalent to most competitors; so the value could be better.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Don't go to this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This place has awful service greasy food and rude staff. My wife and I got food poisoning and were sick for two days. Do not go here unless you want to get sick.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
new hampshire
“Happy to be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

It had been a while since we were here but recent reviews prompted our return. Good service and great food on a Saturday evening. The usual fare - pad thai, crab rangoon, steamed dumplings, egg rolls - all delicious. Not sure why we stopped coming here. I think we found a Chinese restaurant closer to home but the quality there has been unpredictable. Glad we revisited Chen Yang Li. We will be back.

Visited August 2013
“Remains THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to this restaurant many times over the years but it had been several years since I visited here but was my goto Chinese in past. I travel extensively on business and my wife accompanied me on this trip. Everything went as well as I remembered and the meals were delicious and fresh. They have an extensive menu with FRESH/UPTODATE offerings, not same old as many Chinese. Each item seems more interesting than previous and very difficult to choose. We had leftovers which my wife insisted we eat for lunch next day; and my wife seldom interested in leftovers. Service is great; there when needed but just enough, not to be intrusive. We do alot of Chinese. If you like chinese, I think this is one of best in country. Prices are very reasonable. Also have brown rice and the usual Chinese beer, no problem. Also have location in Bow, NH but have not been there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“A step above other Chinese restaurants in area.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We wanted to go out for a nice dinner and my daughter was in the mood for Chinese food. In years past we would have gone to the Silver Maple in Merrimack, but since that restaurant is no longer in business, we decided to try Chen Yan Li. We were reasonably happy with our choice. The menu had most of the usual items for Chinese restaurants in this area, but they also had a number of specials and additional items that were interesting. The quality and quantity of all of our selections was very good. The service was good with no complaints. Our only disappointment was the atmosphere was not as nice as we had hoped for. The atmosphere is a better than the typical Chinese restaurant in the area, but not as nice as the Lilac Blossom in South Nashua.

Chen Yan Li is a step above most of the Chinese restaurants in the area and the prices are competitive. The menu and quality of the food were on par with the Lilac Blossom and former Silver Maple. The atmosphere lagged some, but was better than most of the competition.

• Visited June 2013