“Busy but good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Copper Door

Copper Door
15 Leavy Drive, Off Old Bedford Rd - Visible From 101/114 Gps Location 32, Rt. 101, Bedford, NH 03110
+1 603-488-2677
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Bedford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: "Approachable New American and Upscale Comfort Foods" is how we describe our Executive Chef's culinary creations. Guests at the Copper Door(R) enjoy a wide ranging, exciting and inventive combination of tastes featuring local sources, New England seafood, classic yet inspired stone oven creations, hand-cut Reserve Premium Steaks, unique salads, and House specialties that personify Copper Door's passion & respect of fine food and classic culinary technique. We have also been praised for our exciting, reasonably priced and deliciously diverse luncheon and bar menus.
Katy, Texas
“Busy but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The wait was well over an hour and it appears that reservations and call ahead seating were sat in front of me being only three tables were present for seating. I grabbed a glass of wine while I waited and the bartenders were both super friendly and quick to serve me. The wine was nice and choices were good. After an hour a table was ready and we were sat at a table in the lounge, which the wonderful bartenders took care of us. The Shepard pie was yummy and others items were good. Service was perfect! Atmosphere great !

Milford, New Hampshire
“Fantastic service, outstanding food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I went here for my birthday. We made our reservations over a week in advance to make sure we would get the time we wanted. When we arrived, we were promptly seated. This seemed to annoy the other folks waiting in line...sorry! We called far in advance.

The service we received was excellent. Charlie was personable and funny. He helped my wife pick out a red wine that she liked. He kept out glasses of water full all night. We never had to ask for them to be refilled. Everything was brought out in a timely manner, even at the 6PM hour on a Saturday.

We thoroughly enjoyed the food. The calamari we started off with was excellent. The bread they provide is wonderful. I enjoyed a tall Guinness draught while she enjoyed her wine. Her entree of lemon "brick" chicken was great. The sweet potatoes and stuffing sides were perfect for her. I splurged and ordered the filet mignon - and it was a great choice. It came out at the perfect temperature for me, somewhere between medium-rare and medium. It was just as I had ordered. The fingerling potatoes and haricot-verts were also excellent.

Dessert for us was apple crisp, as well as berries and cream. The apple crisp has an amazing crust with initial sweetness offset by a bit of a salty finish. It was wonderful. The berries and cream offered a cool, easy finish to a great meal.

Do not hesitate to eat here - you will find the food is great and the service is great as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Saved my birthday.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I went there on a chance as we decided rather late to go out for my birthday. We had never been there before but decided to give it a try.

We had an excellent meal. I had seared sea scallops and they were as good as a similar meal I had recently in Boston at a high-end restaurant. I was very surprised. My husband enjoyed the Cedar Planked Salmon. I had the Bosc Pear salad and it was absolutely amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. However, due to the prices, we will reserve our visits for more special occasions or when we have visitors.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sandown, New Hampshire
“Valentine's Day Date, perfectly seasoned!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Copper Door hosted my Valentine's Day dinner to a T. Although my reservation was scheduled later than ideally desired, and it seemed to be misplaced on arrival, we were efficiently seated at a gorgeous table. I say gorgeous table, because it was different than what is usually found at restaurants in the area. It was just me and my date, but the table was well-dressed and was fitting to my dress and special occasion. It was a rectangular table and with my date at the head, I felt like a real Lady seated with my partner. Our waitress was personable, very well knowledgeable of the menu and efficient in ordering - she was an exceptional waitress. I had halibut over farro: absolutely luscious. The fish was perfectly cooked and made me very happy we took the trouble to go out to dinner where I actually experienced something new and found I really like it. We also had a very interesting selection of wine from Austria. It was a very minerally white wine and paired perfectly with my dinner. Hope you can have the same experience as me, but I may be a bit biased because I had such a wonderful dinner date companion and could have been under some kind of romantic influence, but being a couple weeks later, I would say, you can trust what I just said. I would have to say the most disappointing thing about the experience were the other diners who were dressed a little too casually for the diningroom, quality of food and service. But leave Valentine's Day to me, I'm happy in my own bubble and they must have been in theirs.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bedford, New Hampshire
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have always had a great experience here. Food and atmosphere are wonderful. A charming yet big city type atmosphere. The bar is super.
We have lunch and dinner and occasionally just drinks at the bar.

• Visited October 2013