Overall, I would rate this property a 4.5. I have stayed at several RCI properties and this was one of our all time favorites. Here are my reasons for deducting a half star: (1) the arcade. Most of the games and the coin machine were broken. When I checked out, the front desk told me that the games are maintained by an outside company and someone would be coming onsite that day or the next. Possibly true, but my son was disappointed he didn't get to play them. (2) the lack of insulation between the rooms. We did not have any problems with the unit next to us, but the unit above us (we were on the first floor) was terribly loud at times. One night, it actually woke us out of our sleep. (3) while generally the rooms are very well maintained, the dishes themselves were in need of a good cleaning before they could be used. When I took them out of the cabinet they were gritty and some still had specs of food stuck to it. No doubt it was probably from the dishwasher (and using a very cheap detergent), but there should be some quality control when the rest of the room is being cleaned.
Everything else at the resort was fantastic! We took the nature trail to the Saco River twice. We swam in both the indoor and outdoor pools (both were at great temps). We got take-out from Matty B's one night and while not the best in town, the food (salad and wings) was better than expected. Due to the ages of our children, we did not take advantage of the activities at Attitash this year, but will definately be back for them. The tunnel under the road was very convenient (our unit was on the same side as the mountain next to Blueberry Village). The room itself was very comfortable and spacious. We had a one bedroom which had an adjoining door to another room with a murphy bed, pull out couch, full kitchen, and a large bathroom with a washer/dryer --plenty of space for our family of 5. They even provided a broom and vacuum for the room.
Even though the location of the resort is a bit far (15+ minutes) from our usual go-to destination of No. Conway, it is still close enough to enjoy all that No. Conway has to offer and is actually a bit closer to some great sites like Diana's Bath and Echo Lake. Would definately return to Attitash Mountain Village. My only hope is that next year we get to stay longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BECAUSE WHERE YOU STAY SHOULD BE JUST AS MEMORABLE AS WHERE YOU VISIT. Welcome to Attitash Mountain Village Resort, where the views are as endless as the possibilities. We'd like to invite you to experience award-winning accommodations while visiting New Hampshire's North Conway and Mount Washington Valley region. Located at the base of Attitash Ski Resort, Attitash Mountain Village is a four-season destination resort surrounded by towering mountain peaks rising from the banks of the Saco River blanketed by native pine and white birch trees - offering over 350 rooms, suites, townhouses and trailside accommodations. Many units feature kitchens, gas fireplaces, spa tubs and mountain views. Experience on resort hiking, mountain biking, X-C skiing, ice-skating, kayaking and fishing with full access to indoor and outdoor pools, playgrounds, tennis courts, fitness facility with sauna, and indoor/outdoor hot-tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Attitash Mountain Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Mountain Village Bartlett
- Attitash Mountain Village White Mountains, NH - Bartlett