“The Locals Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Bartlett
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We are a 49 seat Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant located on Stanley's Hill in Beautiful Glen NH! "Comfort Food with a Funky Mountain Vibe" Making everything from scratch and serving generous portions, at reasonable prices. At the Shack we try to serve local products when ever possible. Also, we have Beers on tap and in the bottle, a compact offerings of wine, Mimosa's and we are home to the Bloody Sunrise (a Bloody Mary served with Tuckerman's Pale Ale instead of Vodka.
North Conway, New Hampshire
“The Locals Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

After a cold morning of snowboarding or teaching at Cranmore, the Sunrise Shack is our go to place to warm up and have an amazing brunch. We are always greeted by Adel or another of the awesome waitresses with a big smile. The atmosphere is laid back and relaxing, just like walking into your own home. We love sitting at the breakfast bar and catching up on the recent bruins or pats game and sometimes having a mimosa. When it comes to breakfast The Shack knows PERFECTION! Everything down to their toast is perfect! I'm a huge fan of their shack toast or just the basics, while my fiance loves their breakfast bowls..his favorite is the yard sale. We recommend this place to anyone and everyone.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“What a good breakfast should be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Had heard good things...saw good reviews...tried to get in one day but parking lot was full. Made a point to go back with my family of 5 and we loved it and were glad we did! It is a fairly small place but they got us seated after a few minutes, I think there were only two people (waitresses) working the dining room and perhaps they could have used a little help clearing/setting tables to have been a little more efficient. But, once seated..we quickly decided what to eat. My kids loved their chocolate chip pancake (11 year old said "chocolatey deliciousness"!) and scrambled egg dish. My oldest and I had "custom" omelets that were large and very fluffy and really tasty, served with homefries that were just the right amount and cooked perfectly crispy but not at all dry ( I hate that!). I later found out that my rye bread was homemade from the Vintage Bakery down the street and we ran over there right afterwards because it was fantastic artisan bread (you must go there as well because their goods were amazing too! I thank you for mentioning that to the table next to us!] Atmosphere is simple, cabin-like and clean (I always like some background music to make it feel warmer...but there was none). Anyway, we left and praised our delicous breakfast all over Facebook too and will happily make this our go-to breakfast place when in North Conway. Praise to the chef and how quickly it was made and served to us!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Great food, friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

The food was delicious, local (cornmeal and molasses bread, yum!), and generous in portion size. Adel, our waitress, was so friendly and gave us the best tips on local sites to see that we weren't even aware of!

Visited December 2013
“Everything You Want in a Breakfast Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Wow....loved this place! Sunrise Shack was highly recommended to us so we had to go. Breakfast is my favorite meal on vacations so I couldn't wait to try. The restaurant felt like a local breakfast place -- nothing fancy, great service and great menu options.

We tried one of the 'breakfast bowls' and french toast. Both were delicious. The bread for the french toast was homemade and they gave real maple syrup - YUM! The breakfast bowl was made with fresh baby spinach, homefries, and mushrooms topped with perfectly cooked scambled eggs.

Definitely worth the trip!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ketchikan, Alaska
“flawless diner-style breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Classic, hearty, diner-style breakfast food with an atmosphere to match. Service was friendly, casual, and prompt. Coffee was good and refilled frequently. I had a huevos rancheros breakfast bowl and my girlfriend had a classic two egg diner breakfast. Food came out quick and everything was hot and delicious. Not a single morsel survived. Kudos on perfectly cooked eggs, a simple thing that so many breakfast places seem to struggle with. The homemade breakfast sausage had a very unique but good flavor. They make some of their baked goods in-house and get the rest from an artisan bakery down the road, so it's all good and fresh. Prices are VERY reasonable (Two egg breakfast=$5). Oh, and they'll give you a to-go cup of coffee or fill your travel mug for the road at no extra charge - very nice touch! Will be stopping in more frequently for some stick-to-your ribs grub before outdoor adventures.

• Visited December 2013