“Horrible management and untrustworthy staff” 1 of 5 stars

The Seasons Condominium Resort
Rte 302, Bartlett, NH 03812   |
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Bartlett
Providence, Rhode Island
“Horrible management and untrustworthy staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here in July 2012 and our stay was good until we left the resort. When we were almost home, we realized we left a bunch of items including my husband's prescription meds. We called the front desk and told them what we forgot and they said they we would get in 2-3 days. I told them that we needed the meds ASAP. We waited a couple of days and still didn't get our stuff back so I called them again. Finally, two weeks later, we got our things but some of the meds were missing which was a whole bottle of pills! We then called the front desk and manager to let them know our meds were missing and they basically said that they never saw any of the pills! The manager claims that his staff are very trustworthy and always return lost/found items all the time. Each time we spoke to the front desk/manager, their stories were inconsistent about how many bottles of prescription meds we had. They basically made it sound like we were lying about what we left behind and that they're staff are honest and trustworthy people. The manager was useless and couldn't care less. My husband called the police and made a report but it's hard to trace stolen prescription meds. Needless to say, I will never stay here again! This is the worst experience I've ever had and the worst service ever including poor management, untrustworthy staff and lack of concern!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a great experience at the seasons! The clubhouse was great with the large jacuzzi and we loved the ice rink. We stayed in a Two Bedroom unit and had plenty of space for our 6 person family. At first we were a bit disappointed that there was no continental breakfast, but there was ample space to have nice breakfasts with the kitchen available. We hope to return again and have another great experience. Note: They do not have a great refund policy. We thought of cancelling once, but there was a 50 fee and we were only given a gift card not our money back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ive been staying at The Seasons for YEARS! Started off during the single years with friends right through to married with a child. It has something to offer for all ages year round. I have always preferred a condo to a crammed hotel room where you are lucky to have a table to put your bags on. These units are huge, clean as a whistle and have more inside than some peoples homes! FULL good size kitchen with FULL size appliances. And ALL appliances.. dishes, silverware, cups,wine glasses, pots,pans.. you name it! You dont have to bring a thing besides your clothes, food and your choice of drinks! Even a vacuum, iron, ironing board and washer & dryer! They even had dish detergent and dishwashing detergent for the dish washer!
All for cheaper than most Hotels in the area. I have stayed in the 2 bedroom and the loft units. I prefer the 1 bedroom lofts especially the older Ive gotten as they are the quietest units. But there are stairs obviously, so we bring a gate. But if you were extra concerned, stay in a 2 bedroom which is all on one level. I also prefer the buildings closest to the Club House which is where the pool, hot tub, playground, workout room and gameroom area are. (Building 1 & 2 are right across). The pool is a nice size, heated but the hot tub is the largest Ive ever seen. I HATE climbing into a hot tub with strangers. You dont have to worry about that here. You can fit 20 people in it and still not be cramped.
As for the Units, people say they are dated.. I think most condos in a skiing area of Nh are dated. Especially if they are constantly rented.. guess it makes sense since things may get destroyed. Dont get me wrong>> Id LOVE a nice new modern unit next time I return.. but even the nicest condos/homes Ive rented down the Cape couldnt compare to the inside of these units. Each one is decorated differently and depending on your taste.. you might like one better than another. in my opinion, Im not going for the fashion of the place.. Im looking for location (perfect for skiing, hiking, Saco, Storyland, Santa's Village etc..) cleanliness (and that is always spot on) and for the size of the Unit to accomodate the family & friends. It also has a deck & 2 FULL baths.. again more than some peoples houses!! No waiting for a shower or time in the bathroom. I saw many complaints about the staff. Never had a problem..but again I dont go there to spend time with the staff. Any time I have spoken with any of the staff it has always been helpful and pleasant. I would also suggest a Unit with A/C.. just my personal preference. All in all, I wouldnt bother looking for another place to go if Im visiting the No Conway, Bartlett area.

Room Tip: Go for A/C units and Building closest to Club House
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Hempstead, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My family and I stayed here in August 2012 and had a great stay until we were leaving.
We rented through VRBO from a private owner, but this owner contracts with the resort for cleaning services.
After we left we realized, about 30 minutes away, that my wife had left some jewelry in the condo and we turned around to get it. When we got back, the condo had been cleaned already and her jewelry was not there. We immediately went to the front desk and spoke to the general manager. He went to speak to the cleaning crew (5 people for one condo) and came back and claimed that he watched them look through the sheets and didn't find anything. He also claimed that they would look through the vacuum cleaners but we never heard any response from that search.

We called the POLICE and they came pretty quickly.

The general manager said he would be shocked if any of his people stole my wife's jewelry because the cleaning crews turned in lost and found items frequently, including valuable items like laptops and phones. We said that might be but expensive jewelry is a lot easier to pocket and a lot harder to trace than a laptop.

The POLICE officer did a thorough job of making a report and interviewing all those involved. Of course we never got her jewelry back.

We were extremely upset by the general manager's lack of concern for something this valuable being stolen, most likely by someone on his cleaning crew.

Had this not happened we probably would have chosen Seasons for our vacation next summer, but there is no way we would possibly go back after this happened because of this and because of the management's lack of concern over the value of the jewelry stolen.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Andover, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Its a great place. I have only had one "not so terrific" condo in over 15 years.
It is nice and quiet, clean and a little out of the way so its not a madhouse.
The staff is always excellent.
I have visited with famiily, friends and even enemies!
I prefer the amazing view at night from the balcony on the top of the Penthouses. The distant sounds of the mountains at night is magical.It is magnificent in any season.

Room Tip: The penthouse has the roof top porch. Its great for breakfast, lunch or midnight!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Been coming here for four straight years without a problem. This year was brutal. We were outside with friends and kids at 9:15. The security/janitor guy named Don comes driving in the parking lot fast, tells us to keep it down, that quiet hour is at 10, then screeches out. Comes back 30 seconds later and jumps out of the car and actually says "I said shut the [--] up". ( this is in front of 5 kids too) , and actually tried to instigate a fight. The woman?? Rebecca at front desk could not have cared less when we complained . They will be losing a great deal of business from now on because if these two inept, rude, workers here. I'd be pissed if I owned a condo here and these Jamokes manages the property.

• Stayed October 2012
Stoneham, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed above a 2 families that had both condos below us. They drank and partied on the porches outside all night both nights. I felt that we could not say anything because we were the only ones in the condo with them and they had been drinking. I know it could be heard all over the area and nothing was done.

Room Tip: Maybe there are quiet areas. The price was right and the area is great. There is so much to do.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Seasons Condominium Resort? Share your experiences!