Family, weekend trip 2 weeks before Christmas. Rented a 1 bedroom Condo.
Views were awesome.
Unit was equipped with everything you needed.
Close to restaurants, shopping, etc.
Indoor pool "wasn't working" when we went, which was one of the reasons we chose this location.
Unit clearly hasn't been updated since mid 90s. Normally wouldn't bother me, but thought it was going to be "luxury". We didn't go to watch TV and hang out at the unit, however, wall paper was peeling, grimey shower/jacuzzi, iron burns on carpet, etc. didn't win any points for the review.
Also, the walls were verrrry thin. Heard quite literally every sound from above and next to us.
Bottom line, Nordic Village is far from luxury. It was noisy, dated, and the only entertainment (indoor pool) wasn't heated when we went. With plenty of places to stay in the area, we would likely seek alternate accommodations for our next stay.
About my rating system:
5 stars would have required excellent service, clean and luxurious amenities.
4 stars if the unit was top shelf, but service was lacking.
I would give 3 stars for a relatively inexpensive hotel that was clean and functional.
However, I had to go with 2 stars because I stayed at what felt like a dated, bargain hotel with no amenities and marginal service.
I guess I hold locations to higher standards when they list themselves as a "resort". Especially a luxury resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools, outdoor hot tubs, nightly bonfires, game room. We have a variety of lodging choices to accommodate your family's budget and have designed and oriented each of our units to provide you with maximum privacy and some of the finest views of the Mount Washington Valley. Choose from townhouses, suites, one and two-bedroom units, penthouses, to the elegance of our Chateau units at Highland Ridge. We also have pet-friendly units. We are the closest property to Story Land and just minutes away from tax-free outlet shopping, Mount Washington, and all White Mountain Attractions. Give us a call this Spring, we are offering some wonderful packages at great rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Nordic Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Village Hotel Jackson
- Nordic Village Jackson
- Nordic Village Resort White Mountains, NH - Bartlett