We just stayed the weekend in a 2 bedroom townhouse. It was dated but spotlessly clean and well-kept, with newish furniture. The kitchen had everything we could possibly need and more. We were very pleased with the layout and the space. We had air conditioning, thankfully, given that it was a scorcher of a weekend.
The only drawback to this room type is the circular staircase, for families with small children. We have a 16-month-old, and had to block off the stairs and the railing around the stairs with suitcases and chairs. Also note that the master suite has no door - just the stairs that go right down to it. So if someone was sleeping in the living room, privacy would be an issue.
For families, I think the Barentsburg building (any "B-" room) is perfect. It's the closest to the family pools and the nightly activities. I also think air conditioning is worth the extra $25/night in the summer, and that staying in a lower unit probably also helps.
We were told not to leave any food in our car - "not even a McDonalds wrapper" is how two employees put it. We didn't, but we neglected to remove a baggy that used to have crackers in it. So at one point my husband was getting into the car to look for something, and the back of the SUV was open while he sat in the front seat. He heard something and looked around to see a bear face staring at him. He ran into the condo and the bear entered our car and pilfered around for about 10 minutes. When he left, he took that empty baggy with him. The car was a little stinky when he left but otherwise unmarred. Moral of the story: Don't leave anything that smells at all of food in your car while staying in bear country!!! (And epilogue - the resort told us that NH environmental services is planning to come trap the bear, who is just a yearling newly on his own, and move him to an area away from people.)
We will definitely stay here again! The proximity to Storyland is great if that is in your plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools, outdoor hot tubs, nightly bonfires, game room. We have a variety of lodging choices to accommodate your family's budget and have designed and oriented each of our units to provide you with maximum privacy and some of the finest views of the Mount Washington Valley. Choose from townhouses, suites, one and two-bedroom units, penthouses, to the elegance of our Chateau units at Highland Ridge. We also have pet-friendly units. We are the closest property to Story Land and just minutes away from tax-free outlet shopping, Mount Washington, and all White Mountain Attractions. Give us a call this Spring, we are offering some wonderful packages at great rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Nordic Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Village Hotel Jackson
- Nordic Village Jackson
- Nordic Village Resort White Mountains, NH - Bartlett