What an amazing place, I wholeheartedly recommend it! My girlfriend and I went to Nordic Village for a weekend getaway and had a phenomenal time. We arrived late on Friday night after a long day of work, and the extended check-in was super easy. We were looking for a cute, relaxing getaway in New England, and this exceeded our expectations.
We stayed in a 1br penthouse suite which was perfect for a couple. The room had an amazing jacuzzi, view of the mountains through the sliding doors to the porch, a large TV, and a small refrigerator/kitchen set (no stove but the essentials for snacks and such). Also, the heating was GREAT (I am always cold, so critical of these things!), and what's neat is that all of the heating comes through the electric fireplace so it's really nice.
The complex itself was large, and sadly we did not get to enjoy all of it (will have to come back!), but there were multiple pools, hot tubs, a game room (undergoing what looks to be pretty extensive renovations), a gym, an outdoor ice-skating rink, etc. There also seems to be an array of fun activities that are closed during the winter months, so I can't comment on those. Also, there are at least 4 good ski-mountains nearby (Bretton Woods, Attitash, Loon, and Wildcat), and the scenic highway through the White Mountains is beautiful if you are in the mood for a drive. Also, at the main office, there are plenty of board games you can borrow, complimentary coffee and goodies, and brochures for local attractions.
In terms of food, we loved Peach's for brunch (a really cute place with phenomenal food). We also went to the Red Fox, which people were raving about, and it was also good. There are also tons of shopping opportunities -- most notably there are probably +10 ski/snowboard shops with helpful staff, and some offer rental packages/demos.
Nordic Village was a true winter wonderland escape. The staff were nice, friendly, and accommodating. I hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools, outdoor hot tubs, nightly bonfires, game room. We have a variety of lodging choices to accommodate your family's budget and have designed and oriented each of our units to provide you with maximum privacy and some of the finest views of the Mount Washington Valley. Choose from townhouses, suites, one and two-bedroom units, penthouses, to the elegance of our Chateau units at Highland Ridge. We also have pet-friendly units. We are the closest property to Story Land and just minutes away from tax-free outlet shopping, Mount Washington, and all White Mountain Attractions. Give us a call this Spring, we are offering some wonderful packages at great rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Nordic Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Village Hotel Jackson
- Nordic Village Jackson
- Nordic Village Resort White Mountains, NH - Bartlett