“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Zephyr Cove
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 775-580-7500 Has good Yelp Reviews for Lake Tahoe, Near South Lake Tahoe and Stateline, NV In the Round Hill area of the lake
San Mateo, CA
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We enjoyed our dinner. My husband had their claim to fame...rav's. He enjoyed them but thought they were a bit heavy for a July summer night. It comes with a pretty heavy meat sauce/gravy. I had a chicken piciatta which was cooked perfect and full of flavor. The service was ok. Only saw two waiters for the entire dining room. So he took orders, delivered but that was about it. They have a nice wine list.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We enjoyed the atmosphere and the wine but the meals were a bit overpriced. I did not enjoy the spaghetti, it seemed to have too much seasoning maybe too much oregano. But I will highly recommend the Original Ravs. I preferred the "gravy" to the cheese. I think we would come back for a date night but I was disappointed by the spaghetti.

Visited July 2014
Santa Rosa, California
“Great place, great menu, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

It is a little tricky to get to, the driveway sneaks up on you and I missed it the first time around. The dining room is nicely decorated with large Italian posters and the wall next to our table had beautiful Italian festival masks mounted.
The menu is extensive and full of folksy, family anecdotes to round out the description of the entrees.
I had the house salad and it was very delicious. Fresh, nicely dressed with a distinctive dressing, lots of additions to the greens which I enjoy. The usual house salad is usually just tossed greens and a cherry tomato, this house salad was one that I will definitely be ordering again.
The Spaghetti with meatballs was outstanding. The pasta was al dente and the meatballs were definitely home made and were tasty, juicy and good sized.
The reason I did not give this place 5 stars was the service. The place was busy with a good number of waitpersons. But the food was very slow in arriving at the table. The table bread was a delicious foccacia bread, but took forever to come. They placed a plate with olive oil and vinegar that was so scanty and small that the first person to dip their bread in it, used most of it. Repeated requests to replenish the oil and vinegar were met slowly and with the same small dabs of it.
We ordered an appetizer and it was so slow in coming that it was simultaneous with our entrees. It was a warm day and so we drank a lot of water, but getting the waiter's attention to refill our water glasses was an almost impossible task.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sacramento, California
“Service holds this place back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Had dinner on a Friday night with another couple.

Initially, the experience was great, as we were seated right away, and had water delivered to our table. We noticed that the waitress then went missing for almost 10 minutes (and the place was not packed).

Once we ordered our food, we were brought some very tasty bread, along with a bottle of wine (the wine list here is solid if not spectacular). Then the salads arrived -- again all very good. Then there was a LONG wait for our entrees to arrive, during which time our waitress again went missing, but fortunately the busboy cleared our plates and brought us more water.

All of the main courses were at least very good (the salmon bordered on excellent). However, we then again had to wait a long period of time for our elusive waitress to show up, to ask about desserts. The restaurant was out of BOTH dessert choices we were interested in, so we asked for the check, which showed up after another ten minute wait. Did I mention the place was not busy?

Based on the food and ambiance, Capisce should be getting five star reviews, but the service (which was both slow-w-w-w and not very "polished" for a restaurant of this supposed caliber) is definitely holding this place back.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zephyr Cove, Nevada
“changes traditional dishes!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Since when have you looked to see if someone changed a traditional dish? I have ordered Chicken Marsala for yrs. know exactly what is supposed to taste like and the proper ingredients.

this place sent out a horrible case of NOT Chicken Marsala.. It was terrible.. had a bunch of slivered onions.. yellow sauce and no mushrooms. then they looked at me like I should have read the small print stating this was their rendition of Marsala....

If you want to have your own recipe then do NOT call it a dish that is not traditional made the way you made it... YUCK!!!

Visited May 2014