“Convenient, clean, friendly.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Winnemucca
Belgrade, Montana
“Convenient, clean, friendly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

After our 10 hours of driving for the day, we were ready to check in for the remainder of the day and get a good meal & good night sleep.
Check in was quick & easy. We got to our clean and highly deodorized room. While I am sensitive to most institutional deodorizers this was pretty easy for me to neutralize by opening the 2 packs of coffee placing them by the heating vent and in the bathroom. By the time we came back fm dinner the smell was tolerable.
The gal at the front desk was quick to recommend a couple nearby places to eat. We chose BBQ and walked to a small place called The BBQ PIG.
We walked about 5 minutes down the street , past a very old and well kept cemetery crossed the street and there it was it bright neon lights.
We entered not knowing what to expect from this small town just off the freeway and sort of in the midst of nothing. Pleasantly surprised it was almost filled and with local folks chit chatting to one another. Nice to see. We were immediately greeted by Mark who was also our waiter, "sit anywhere, I'll be right with you", and he was! We asked for menu suggestions and he was helpful, I took his suggestion and was VERY pleased with my meal of pulled pork soft tacos. Mark told us everything was made in house and was excellent. We would agree. My husbands meal was a combo of St Louis ribs and shrimp. Very tasty ribs, not warm enough in temperature so my husband asked it If they could be heated up. Mark just said he would bring another order for him and did , no extra charge for the new ones & he didn' t take the others away. Mark asked us if we wanted to take the ribs left on the plate with us. These were good ribs & fell of the bone. We did not take them, it was a nice for Mark to offer. The shrimp were just ok, nothing special. Very cheerful atmosphere, very good food and customer service. **** stars. All together our meals & 2 12 oz draft beers was $32.04 very fair pricing.

Room Tip: This hotel as are most in the area just off the freeway and the Main Street of town. I We slept wel...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I have actually stayed here a number of times as my work takes me to Winnemucca often. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the fridge and microwave are nice. The sound proofing between the rooms is very good, I rarely hear noise from other rooms except for the bathroom but if you close the door you don't hear the water pipes. I would recommend you try to get a room on the third floor on the back side of the building. The building sets close to the freeway and the main street in town so there is some traffic noise including lots of semi trucks. This hotel is a huge step up from other hotels I've stayed at in Winnemucca.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second or third floor on the back side of the building, they're quieter...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Elko, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I came to revisit my hometown Winnemucca and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express to me this is the nicest one. Very clean hotel my room was excellent .My son used the pool all day this place has the biggest indoor pool I've seen. The staff was wonderful when we checked in and when we checked out. This place has a good breakfast. We stayed 4 days. And I know next holidays I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor is the Best!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this very friendly place. The room was clean and we slept well in the comfortable bed. The breakfast bar was excellent. For a small town, this was an excellent hotel. We also enjoyed having a flat screen TV.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Winnemucca, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed at this holiday Inn Express while we were waiting for our home to be ready. I stayed for about a week. This was the cleanest hotel I stayed in the room was so nice and clean everyday. Lobby was so clean and welcoming. And the breakfast Bar had a pancake machine so cool. I enjoyed the spa and clean towels. Very Very Nice Place to stay. I really recommend anyone to stay.

Room Tip: Third floor is the Best.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here several times in the past few years. The only problem that I have encountered during my two most recent stys was with the television reception. This property has a serious problem with DirecTV. The hotel manager promised me she would solve the problem immediately. On both occasions the manager graciously provided me with a discount.

I would very much like to see this hotel install an automatic front door which would allow much easier entry and exit with luggage and for the disabled.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Roseville, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have to say that this has to be one of the Best Experiances that I have had traveling in such a great while. The Hotel is Imacculant, The outside grounds are clean, the pool area is always organized and plenty of towel to dry off. The Rooms are Excellent, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, flat screen tv and the bathrooms are really good size. But best of all was the staff that runs this hotel from the front desk, cleanning staff to the manegers. Lillian Vasquez, Juena Canales, Jolene Whelan, Lissette Diaz and Silvia Solis. Thank you all for a Great Stay.

Room Tip: Im sure thay have a room to suit your needs.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winnemucca? Share your experiences!