“Don't hate on this place!” 2 of 5 stars

You added Val-U Motel to your Saves list
Val-U Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   125 East Winnemucca Blvd, Winnemucca, NV 89445   |
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
“Don't hate on this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

At 1:00 am with a dog in the car we were lucky to find a place. The lady at the desk wasn't certain we wouldn't find guests already in the room because she misplaced the ledger but hey, we lucked out! No AC but the two queen beds smelled nice n bleachy and the shower was great. Cheap and fine for the 8 hours we needed it.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dayton, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

DO NOT STAY THERE! I had the worst experience in all of my business travels. First, they charge your credit card ahead of time for the entire reservation, and NO, no money back! The room was $62.00 a night, which I spent with all the lights on because of the bugs (Roaches).
The bed still had other guests sheets on them. The toilet still had urine stains on the seat!!! The bathtub had mold in the edges and some brown yuk inside the tub and also on the outside of the tub (Poop?).
The carpet had a big stain, like someone relieved their stomach or something and there was still crust on it,..yuk!
There were 2 chairs in the room that had loads of stains and left over matter still stuck to it. They took the chairs out of my room and put them in the hallway, where they stayed until I left. The chairs are probably back in the room (Room 231).
I had to fight with them to get clean towels (there is NO maid service for just one room they said). The towels they brought me, looked like someone was using them for cleaning rags!!!
The microwave door had a pellet size hole through it (I don't think that's save??!!)
The outlet by the bed had no cover on it and was filthy with some kind of ???
I wish I could have gotten a shot of the roaches, but they are just too quick.

I can not believe that the health department gives them a go ahead to stay in business.
I rather eat and sleep in my dogs dog house, it'll be a lot cleaner!!!!.
AGAIN, PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE, THERE ARE OTHER NICER PLACES IN TOWN FOR THE SAME PRICE ($62.00/NIGHT) OR LESS!!!!!

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY THERE, even if there are NO OTHER ROOMS in town available!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tamworth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the Val-u motel For one night in September and regret ever doing so. The carpets in the hallway were filthy and I doubt they were ever cleaned! The rooms smelt like cigarettes when they were non smoking and the bed spreads were dirty with lumpy disintegrating pillows. We didn't even want to think about what was in the sheets and the bathroom was rusty and old! We didn't pay much for the night so we didn't expect much but were still horrified by our experience. The continental breakfast in reception was ok with minimal items such as muffins and pastries plus a coffee or cup of tea. On the plus side the hotel was reasonably well positioned! I would definitely not reccommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2011
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was the 2nd worse motel I've ever stayed in. The 1st worse had bullet holes in the window, which thankfully the Val-u didn't!

We were on our way to a family wedding, just needed a place to plop down our heads for the night. It was midnight and every other motel in town was full. We were lucky to get a room at all. However, the hallway was filthy, papers, dirt, cigarette butts all over the carpet. The room was in shambles. The overhead lamp was cracked and broken, the carpet had un-nameable stains. The beds were so sway-backed that hubby and I kept bumping noses, and ended up in separate beds. The bedding looked clean, but I didn't completely trust the bedspreads.

Thankfully, we were in the end of the hotel close to the office and we had a fairly quiet room. The other end of the hotel was full of people partying, popping from room to room in semi-clad states and being very loud. I have a feeling there was reason that this was the only hotel in town with available rooms!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Granite Bay, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Recommend looking elsewhere to stay. It was the worse place we stayed on our five day drive back west. Small town and unfortunately there were no vacancies with the small selection of other hotels around.

Smelled pretty bad in side, no continental breakfast (with how things were, i don't think I would have eaten food from there), did not want to take off my shoes, shower didn't really want to drain... Overall lesson-if it sounds sketchy, it probably is.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
kcftravel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I made reservations in April for an event Memorial Day Weekend. I cancelled all the rooms more than 2 weeks in advance and got e-mails confirming the cancel from Magnuson Hotels. I just looked at my credit card statement and this place charged me for the whole stay for all 5 rooms! (over $800.00) I called the property first and spoke with Jerry at the front desk who put me on with the owner Lal who says they didn't charge me, and he hasn't gotten any money from Magnuson(He is no longer affiliated with them) I found out their affiliation ended May 17th, well after I made my cancel. Lal was very irrational and yelled at me to call Magnuson. I called back after speaking with Magnuson Hotels and they advised the properties they represent do the billing. I called back and have been "promised" a call back from Lal as “he was not there.” I am just going to make a claim with my credit card company as I have enough documentation to substantiate my claim. I've never even been to this property, and now I know I WILL NEVER STAY HERE..EVEN IF ONLY PLACE LEFT WITH A ROOM IN TOWN!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
West Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

Carpet was filthy. We didn't even take our shoes off. Bathroom was filthy. Bathtub looked like dogs had been bathed in it. Furniture was extremely dirty. We carefully checked the sheets. Arrived too late to be looking elsewhere. Left early in the morning. Continental breakfast was packed old dry pastries and coffee.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family