“Good value for one night stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Scott Shady Court

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winnemucca
Scott Shady Court
You added Scott Shady Court to your Saves list
400 First Street, Winnemucca, NV 89445   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
Woods Cross, Utah
“Good value for one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here during a one night stay in Winnemucca. It looked pretty bad when we pulled up so we had them show us a room first. The rooms were very basic but they were clean. I think it's a great place if you aren't planning on being at the motel much and just need to place to crash for one night.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Redmond, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently stayed in Winnemucca at the Scott Shady Court because of the reviews. The people were friendly and helpful. The room was not what we had expected based on the reviews. The room was old with stained bath and toilet. The area around the bath window had quite a lot of dirt on the sill. We did not use the pool area so I can't comment on that. I would definately try another place my next time thru this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here last August on my way through Winnemucca and was quite pleased. I am somewhat of a motel snob and was rather skeptical when I drove up and saw how old the place was. The room was small and old, as expected, but very clean, well maintained, and comfortable. In addition, the nice lady at the desk was very helpful with good restaurant suggestions. I am coming through Winnemuca again this August and plan to stay here again on this trip. The establishment was for sale when we were there and I selfishly hope that it hasn't yet sold, but if so, hopefully the new owners will put as much pride and care into Scott Shady Court.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Meadow Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I attend a photo conference in Winnemuca every year, this is the third place I've tried. I'm very happy with it. It's clean and inexpensive. The conference had a busy schedule and you don't need a room for much beyond sleeping. It fulfilled this purpose nicely. The bed was semi firm, but not like sleeping on a board. Everything worked, cable TV, phone wake-up calls, a Danish Modern recliner in the room. No table, but a desk/ dresser combo in the room. Two of us in two queen beds.. we did well, There is no clock in the room, and no shampoo in the shower, but being forewarned you can bring your own. Very friendly folks at the desk. Lowest price I've seen in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Mazama, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

After a long day of driving through Nevada, I stopped here based on positive TripAdvisor reviews. I was a little suspicious though when I drove up because the place definitely looked down at the heels. I wisely asked to see the room before putting down any money (I usually never do this). Boy am I glad I did. The room was creepy, dingy and dark, and I ended up driving another two hours to another hotel. Yes, the Shady Court is cheap, but I'm currently staying somewhere else for the same price, and the room is much nicer and cheerier. Like many other reviewers, I look for a good deal and do not stay at swanky hotels. But this place was too much for me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

You never know what you'll get when you slide into town at 10:45pm, but positive reviews on Trip Advisor led us to Scott Shady Court. We were not disappointed. For the class of accommodation, this gets high marks from my husband and me. It is VERY clean (love the white starched sheets and towels) and the price very good compared to others in the same class locally (I called around from the road). It was quiet even though there were lots of cars (and apparently guests). The front desk gentleman was a bit tired perhaps and not especially warm when we arrived, but helpful enough in directing us for breakfast and a route to run in the morning. Thx Shady Court!

• Stayed February 2013
Suzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have been traveling to Winnemucca to work on some property I have for the last two years and have stayed in many different places, including one that receives the top rating in Lonely Planet (the Townhouse), but I have to say, this is my favorite! It has been difficult to find anything here for under $100. per night and few that will allow pets. We did find a very nice one for $75, but that does NOT include taxes or the added charge for a pet which actually bumps it up to $95. Scott's Shady Court is kind of a classic old road stop that I'll bet in it's day before the massive Interstate Highway system went in, was quite popular. Now it is kind of a little time-warp from my 60's childhood. It has these sweet playground toys on a lawn with huge old trees and an enclosed, heated pool that is actually open here in December! The rooms are clean, roomy, and comfortable. The only negatives are difficulty in controlling the heat (we probably just didn't figure out the controls and we just left windows open) and some noise from I-80. I slept perfectly well though and enjoyed seeing others walking their dogs and watching their kids play on the grass. The place is for sale and one should get in here soon to get the true flavor and to meet the sweet family who runs the place. I was met this evening at the desk by a tiny little old lady who went to get the other family member to get my room. This is quite a value for $60 with NO added fees for taxes or pets. It has my vote!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Scott Shady Court? Share your experiences!