“Average stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Winnemucca

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Winnemucca to your Saves list
Motel 6 Winnemucca
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1800 Winnemucca Blvd, I-80 at Exit 176, Winnemucca, NV 89445   |
Ranked #12 of 18 hotels in Winnemucca
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Average stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was looking for something very inexpensive as we were just passing through and needed a bed for a few hours. This hotel is just ok. There is nothing spectacular. When we first walked into our room it smelled a bit like a sewer. We decided to go to one of the fast food places just off the parking lot to grab a quick bite. When we got back the smell was gone so we stayed. The beds, in my opinion, are horrible. They are extremely hard, old-fashioned spring beds...not my cup of tea...and the pillows are about as thin as a blanket. I did not sleep well and got up stiff and sore. I went to take a shower in the morning and when I turned it on, we discovered where the smell of sewer was coming from so I did not get a shower. On the other hand, the other people we were with slept like babies.
Overall I can't really complain other than the smell in the shower.
The staff acted a bit put out, but overall friendly.
If you don't mind hard beds and just need a place to get some sleep for the night then this motel would be perfect.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just like 90% of motel 6's nothing special for what you pay. The beds weren't bad, showers were warm and you have some basic cable. I can't complain the price was fair. I would stay there again. I can't really say much more cause it was just a motel 6. I can also throw this out there you are next to a few fast food places and a gas station. You won't have to go far for food and fuel.

• Stayed March 2012
Los Banos
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I can't stand to pay an arm and a leg just to stay overnight. We had a decent room with a decent bed and shower. Had some good coffee that was available in the early am in the lobby. The little clerk was a plus in the am as she was so happy and jubilant with a big smile and a great recommendation for the local restaurant down the street called "the griddle." We arrived at 7 or 8 and left at 6 and paid around $60.00. My extra $20 to $40.00 bucks I saved from going to a more pretentious motel I will enjoy spending elsewhere.

Room Tip: We always request NonSmoking and a 2nd story QUIET room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gridley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This Motel 6 has gone "1950's Flash Gordon future design" to include hard vinyl floors but worse built-in table and bench seat. By the way, in this 3.5-week trip I have stayed at no less than 8 Motel 6’s and during the past 7 months, I have stayed with Motel 6 at least 30 times. Thus, I am comparing; some went overboard with the remodel. This “total” 1950’s remodel look to the future to include “loud colors” is not traveler friendly; hard vinyl floors, bench seating, etc. are not comforting. And then, I was charged an additional $10 for the newer remodeled room. These new vinyl floors are hard and uncomfortable and need to be mopped every day; at least. This has been a bad Motel 6 decision…

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

we checked in as always the frist thing I do is check the linen, well it looked like the bed hadn't been changed from the last person who had stayed in the room, it was also very dusty, carpet was dirty and pubic hair was on the tolit.. we went to the front desk they tried to give us another room but that room was ocuppied, so we told the clerk to give us sheets and we would change the bed ourself's I always carry a can of lysol spray with me so needless to say we gave the room some cleaning ourself.. and the price was too high for what you get,, no in room coffee, no shampoo, and wifi was extra.. will never stay there again when in Winnemucca if nothing is avabile I will resort to sleep in my car much cleaner

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Corte Madera
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The rooms were very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Lola, the receptionist was delightful and we had a nice talk about Winnemucca, its history and I really appreciated that. I will always stay at this motel when I travel on Nevada US 80 again.

John Buckmaster

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Carson City, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Silverada Little League would like to Thank the Motel 6 in Winnemucca for the great accommodations. The friendly staff, clean rooms, and pool was more than we expected. Thank you for letting us take over the hotel for the entire week we were there. The kids and family could not have been more pleased. If and when we have to travel to Winnemucca we will be staying at the Motel 6. Thank you to the house cleaners for keeping up with the rooms and providing us with plenty of towels. Again Thank You for the accommodations!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Winnemucca? Share your experiences!