“Horrible breakfast” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Horrible breakfast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2011

We decided to stay here over Motel 6. Room was big, but had not been updated in yrssss. Carpet very old. What amazed me was the breakfast. Worst I'd ever seen. When we went down there the girl that was running the front desk was putting out the breakfast. Looked like she'd just woke up. It was 6:15am and she said she was running behind. It looked like she had a room with a small kitchen behind the front desk. Maybe she lived there. There were cats in her room so you never know. It was the impression I got. Breakfast was horrible. She put out a half of loaf of bread - looked old, a partial bag of small bagels, small muffins in wrappers and ding dong's. All processed. What a way to start the day! The mananger needs to suck it up and put some money into this hotel and provide a decent breakfast. I'll never stay there again!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

We had stayed in here in the past and it was nice and clean. Now there is a new owner-
the price has gone up by 50% and the quality has declined significantly:
the room was dirty, missing bulbs and broken light fixtures
no hot water in the morning
hardly anything for breakfast
we will never go back to the Santa Fe Inn

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My bf has been here for FIVE days & day before yesterday my 2 boys & I came to visit. The 1st morning here I figured the maids were probably going to have the rooms cleand by the usual time every hotel has, SO we went swimming & were back by about 2. The maids NOT ONLY did NOT change the sheets but did NOT vacuum either; as there were still OBVIOUS remnants on the floor from the day b4! When I calld down to ask what the maids are 'supposed' to do & tell them that our floors were NOT vacuumed nor sheets changed, I was told per owners sheets are only changed for guests that're NOT overnight only (my bf has PRE-PAID for 10 days) & that u gotta be here for A WEEK before they'll change them(GROSS)!? I have a 5 year old who peed the bed the 1st night & I expressed that Id even put the sheets on MYSELF & NEVER got any clean sheets!? Then she said they have a hard time gettin them to vacuum & 10mins later mgmt came to the door & banged so hard he scared my son & I. He then RUDELY stated that the maids said they DID clean the carpets & I need to show him the problem!? He said theyd come back & do it again but they NEVER did...oh & there are only TWO maids for the ENTIRE place!? THEN he tells me "when your MAN gets home he needs to come see me because we OBVIOUSLY have pymt issues!?" What that has to do with the maids doing their job is beside me? THEN this morn i walkd to the office to get spoons for cereal & i askd for a plastic cup that they put in the rooms & was told only maids have them then I askd for a bowl & was RUDELY told "ALL WE HAVE HERE IS WHAT YOU SEE!!!" I have stayed in MULTIPLE hotels with my bf as his job requires travel all over & this is BY FAR the WORST hotel we have EVER stayed in!? There is a PILE of what looks to be scrap swamp coolers & misc hotel parts infront of trash area AS WELL AS a HUGE pile of boxes on the top floor just piling up!? We will NEVER stay here again!?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

i traveled through winnemucca in january not the best stay ever but bareable. ppl there didnt want to help, the type of ppl who just there for a check. any ways on my way back there i got stuck haven to go back to the santa fee inn. when i got there. there was a man and his wife running the desk they were so helpful! he showed me a room and made me feel like i was his only customer. in the morning i went there for breakfast they looked clean and dressed even cheerful. one of my best night ever in a motel

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Windsor, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

This place is messed up - seriously. After driving all night, we were given a room and told it was clean ("or someone was going to get their a@* fired")... The room was a mess and had obviously not been cleaned in days (as the last guest was a few days back in that room. We were given another room which "appeared" to be good. I found out the shower was broken however at 5:30 the next morning. I also nearly cut my leg on a chair that had a sharp edge on the arm. I positioned it so my daughter would not hurt herself. They advertised a continental breakfast from 6:00 - 10:00, but the guy didn't get up until I physically banged on his door at 6:45! During that 45 minutes, an elderly coulple waited until they had to leave - and unable to return the keys since there is no key drop! Now they are subject to a $10.00 charge. Another guy had been sleeping in his car since 2:00 am (all rooms were booked in town) trying to get one of the vacant rooms. After telling the guy about my experience, and not even being able to shower, he agreed to not charge me for the room. He printed a receipt for $0.00, then after I left he charged $70.00 to my card! What a dirt bag! Stay away from this place! The bad reviews you read are real!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed at the Santa Fe Inn on May, 13, My experience was a great one. I chose the Motel as I wanted the most secure parking lot for my Bentley. The building is U shaped with one entrance. Having said that, I found the Santa Fe Inn quiet, clean, and very comfortable. The above review that says it does not have a pool is clearly mistaken, as the pool is on the right side of the entrance. For a total of $55 what is it that you want? It is not a five star hotel, and it is not trying to be. In Winnemucca NV this is one of the best motels. In San Francisco where I live this would be 4 times the price. Also a word to the above reviews that want everything but don’t want to pay anything for it, next time you stay at a motel/hotel, money up and stay only at the Four Seasons, I have never had a bad stay there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I've stayed here a few times during my travels and keep coming back because they are very pet-friendly. The staff is also very nice and accommodating. Skip the brand name hotels in Winnemucca and try this place. Basic rooms but fine.

• Stayed January 2010

Been to Santa Fe Inn? Share your experiences!