“People, Stay HERE!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
Portland, Oregon
“People, Stay HERE!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I had called the motel and set things up, earlier that morning and when I arrived, the folks there were all ready for me. And I arrived at about 12:30 in the afternoon.

My room is excellent. Granted, I have an analog TV but the screen is very large and the picture is as clear as a bell. The room, which features a king-sized bed, is totally clean. I have a microwave and refrigerator that are spic-and-span. There is also a large armoire-type closet with plenty of hangers in it and a small ironing board and iron. There is also a standard luggage rack.

The coffee-maker is the type that brews one cup at a time and I like that because it's fast and much more sanitary than a conventional coffee-maker.

There is a gorgeous picture on the wall and there are wall lamps (with clean shades!) on the walls
everywhere. The carpet is also clean and in very good condition.

This room is also user-friendly because it has a wall-set of outlets right by the table and chairs!
That makes a difference when I am using my computer and cell phone.

The room is a good size, too!

The bathroom includes a full-sized tub and shower combination with sliding doors. There are plenty of towels, etc. and a nice wicker basket filled with fancy soaps, shampoo and aloe vera lotion.

This is where I will stay when I travel this way, again.

The folks here are nice and kind. Do yourself a favor, if there's a vacancy...stay here!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Omak, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this motel on Trip Advisor and was pleased. Very comfy bed and well run property. The front office was very friendly and welcoming on check in. There is no breakfast with this one so at $75 plus tax it comes out more expensive than most of the other places we stayed at on this road trip.

Room Tip: We had a King which was very comfortable. All are on single level.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is no better hotel to stay in while traveling through Nevada on your cross country trip than the Town House Motel.
It has every modern convenience that you would want in a hotel and is surprisingly quiet for those who are very light sleepers.
You can't beat the price and this family run establishment does not disappoint with plenty of spots to eat within walking distance.
We were received with a smile upon check-in and left grinning ear to ear when we check-out. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This motel is now on our radar any time we head out west. The room was comfy and inviting. I loved all the sheep in the front office. My husband never sleeps well on the first night in new place, but he was out like a light. I was impressed that they did not charge an arm and a leg for bring a dog in. The shower took a minute to get acclimated to, but it turned out to be one of my more relaxing showere I've had in a while. In room fridge and microwave was really nice. I am heading out to CA in september an am trying to figure out a way to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Layton, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I chose to stay at the Town House Motel based on recommendations by other TripAdvisor visitors. This is a very basic mom & pop style motel with no frills, but even after having read positive reviews I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable my room was. The hostess was warm and welcoming at check-in. My room did have a connecting door with the next room over, which served as a conduit for sound. I wasn't bothered by hearing them, but I did worry a little about disturbing them when I was watching TV fairly late in the evening.

For the rate I paid, this was a much better deal than I would have been able to get at any of the national chains in town. And even though it's out of style, I love being able to pull my car right up to the door of my room and move in my luggage and odds and ends in just a few minutes. It would have been nice to have some sort of breakfast included, but for the room rate, still a good deal. Whenever they have a room available, I'll stay here again on future business trips to Winnemucca.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Touring the States and wanted to experience a real Motel. Could not have picked a better one.Just of the road so no noise.Great welcome. Large spotless room and bathroom.Fridge coffee maker ,free parking .Very good value for money.Easy walk into town for something to eat.Would stay here again anytime.Info in the room suggesting places to eat.We tried two they were first class

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Extremely clean, firm, flat bed with bright sheets feeling slightly starched. Micro, one serving coffee pot, refrigerator, TV, power strip, wi-fi.

Ice scraper hanging on outside wall, a first in my travels, used on the Nevada November morning when I woke to find ice and snow on the car windows. It's a small touch, but shows the level of care and detail here.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1 and it was excellent.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Town House Motel? Share your experiences!