“I will stay here again. :)” 4 of 5 stars

Winners Inn Casino
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   185 W. Winnemucca Boulevard, Winnemucca, NV 89445   |
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
California Hot Springs, California
“I will stay here again. :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed the night here and I had a very nice experience. The people that work here, in the hotel and casino were very friendly and very helpful. The room was updated and clean. Somewhat small but who stays in the room when you have a casino downstairs? I loved the old casino atmosphere. I think if you stay here you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Penn Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sometimes it is nice to get on the train and have a getaway.
We jumped on the train in Colfax CA.
The folks are friendly and very kind
The food is good, the people at the poker bar know how to care for players.
The rooms are clean.
There is an outstanding Basque Dinner House up the STREET.
There are other places in Town, however this place is cozy.

Room Tip: Give it a try!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jarbidge, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This motel is old, and a bit rundown but our room was clean and everything worked. We had a flat screen TV that was mounted on the wall so the only place to view it was sitting on the bed. I have been staying at Winners for over 20 years, and not much but the rates have changed, this trip it was over $ 60.00 for a queen single room. I could overlook all the little issues when the rate was 39.95, but from now on I will stay elsewhere. You do however get two free drink tickets at check in!

Room Tip: The terrace rooms are newer and a bit nicer
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Evanston, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

We pulled into Winnemucca late in the evening of March 14th without reservations, having been informed it would be relatively easy to get a room on a walk-up basis. WRONG! The entire town was sold out. We eventually found reasonably priced accommodations at Winner's and were satisfied with our experience.

Jessica, the gal who checked us in made us laugh; she was either a little punchy from working the late shift or is just naturally goofy. Upon check-in we received various tickets for free drinks (which we utilized), free slot play and $1 off breakfast (which we didn't use). We got one of the recently remodeled rooms and though a bit cramped, it was very clean. My man (MM) liked the tile on the bathroom floor (he does construction work, so he notices those things). Due to our late arrival, the only on-site facilities we patronized were the casino bars and some video poker machines. Got no love from the latter, but the bartenders we met were very friendly and helpful - and American! Sorry guys, don't mean to sound bigoted, but these days it seems most hotel workers you meet are from foreign countries. At least that's the case in Las Vegas; this place is nowhere near the size of a LAS casino, nor is it as crowded, which in a way was a welcome change. MM used the shower and reported that there was plenty of hot water and adequate pressure. And no mold as the previous reviewer reported - wonder if he/she didn't get a remodeled room? Who knows...

Anyway, the only big drawback to Winner's is that, like the majority of Nevada casinos, they allow patrons to smoke and the smell of stale stogies is EVERYWHERE. We got a non-smoking room and thankfully the smell didn't penetrate the walls or door, but the hallways, public restrooms, every single corner of the place was permeated by that smell. Maybe when they do the next remodel they should revamp their ventilation system.

All that said, though, if we ever have occasion or inclination to visit Winnemucca, we would consider staying at Winner's again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

When I arrived, my room was not available for several hours. After driving all night, all I wanted to do was get a power nap before going to our event. The front desk promised to call me when it was ready, never did. When I returned, she made excuse after excuse, but did voluntarily offer me $5 off per night on my 3 day stay. I got in my room and thought wow this is pretty bad but hit the bed for a 45 minute nap. It was cold in our room & I turned on the heater, which never came on. When I awoke, we got ready and it was so cold in our room (@ 12:30 pm) that my own breath was fogging up the mirror while applying make-up. I asked to be switched to another room and was told no but they sent a maintenance to repair the heater. We arrived to our room late and had to roll up a towel to shove under the door because there was a 1.5" gap under the door letting the cold air in. The next morning while showering, I noticed black mold on the ceiling, floor, walls and in the window frame. My husband again asked if we could be switched and was told no. Just because of our schedule while in that crappy town, I did not have time to chase after them. But we left early on Sunday and upon our departure I spoke with the manager. She seemed like she didnt care and pushed off the responsibility on the front desk clerk, who was extremely nice and helpful. They refunded me the charge for Sunday because I was leaving. I told the manager I would never stay there again and would never recommend anyone else to stay there because it was moldy, cold, outdated and not worth the price. This is the kind of motel you would expect to be rented out by the hour in seedy parts of town... definitely not a place I want my family and I to stay at. It is now 2 days later and both my son and I are sick as well but were not around anyone sick. So I am wondering if the cold and the mold play a key role in our sickness. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND CANNOT RECOMMEND ANYONE ELSE TO STAY THERE EITHER.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Napa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I still am trying to find a clean hotel and a reasonable price to stay at when traveling through Winnemucca. This place was not it. Old linens, filthy dirty carpet, mold in the bathroom, horrible beds and noisy. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. Is this entire town just a complete rip off. Get with it people. I'm not asking for a Marriott or Hyatt. A clean room for $75 night is available everywhere else!

• Stayed December 2011
Caldwell, ID
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We try, every two months, to take a trip to Winnemucca and always stay here at the Casino. We have never ran on to one employee that was not a helpful one. We seem to see the same employees each trip, which speaks loudly for the Management. The beds are clean, very comfortable, and they have great CableTV. We always eat at Petes restaurant, and it is very good food with daily specials. If you are looking for great servous, people that make you feel at home, please join us there. If you are ones that complain a lot about things, this may not be your place. I give this place a great score as we love the service, the machines, and just going to have fun. ALSO CHECK OUT THE FUN BUS IN YOUR AREA.THESE ARE GREAT GET AWAY TRIPS FOR A COUPLE OR SINGLE PERSON. GET A FRIEND OR ANOTHER COUPLE TO GO...THAT IS ALWAYS FUN.

Room Tip: We enjoy staying inside the Casino. I always request it and most usually can get a room right upstai...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Winners Inn Casino? Share your experiences!