“Room were typical but what are they doing to free drinks while gambling” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
You added Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino to your Saves list
101 Wendover Blvd, West Wendover, NV   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Eureka, Utah
“Room were typical but what are they doing to free drinks while gambling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

We stay here because the rooms are free (except they charged me for my free room need to call again for the credit i guess). Our room was typical but the free drinks while gambleing there were terrible. warm beer watered down everything else. Just awful if you ordered and payed for a drink they were better i think they are watering down the mixer but not sure yuck!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011 via mobile

Don't eat at golden harvest cafe. I received RAW chicken strips....made a complaint and didn't see the waitress again until my friend was finished eating her grilled cheese. I did however see her laughing in the kitchen with her fellow employees about my food. Wasn't offered anything including an apology. The rooms weren't bad though but bring your own pillows.

• Stayed February 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

My husband and I stay at the Nugget about once a month because we are mailed free room coupons and we go out to play poker (usually across the street). If it weren't for the coupons, we wouldn't stay here! We've stayed in almost all the different types of rooms and would recommend the main rooms overlooking the atrium the most. If you can spring for a jacuzzi suite, they're pretty nice... but again, we've never actually paid for one; we've always used comps. The tower rooms are old and far away from the action of the casino, but at least the sheets are soft because they're so old.

Cleanliness is ok, but again, some of the rooms are so old that it doesn't matter how well you clean it, it still won't look nice.

Always make sure you check your room over when you first get in to make sure everything works. Quite often something doesn't work and you'll need to switch rooms or have maintenance come fix something.

The Golden Harvest Cafe food is pretty good, but the service is SLOW, SLOW, and did I mention SLOW? Even when the place only has a handful of tables occupied with 4 or 5 servers working, they will just stand around near the back of the kitchen and chat with each other rather than take your order.

The Nugget Steakhouse is a fun, romantic place to eat with good food, but it is WAY overpriced!

The buffet is more about quantity than quality. We rarely eat there for this reason. Enough said.

As for gaming, most of the dealers are not all that friendly. The "Sexy Blackjack" is not all that "sexy," but they do play fun, upbeat music which is much better than the crappy live bands they used to have.

Positives:
Starbucks is awesome and the employees there are very quick and friendly.
The comp system is pretty good. Make sure you sign up for a players card, so you can start getting coupons for free rooms among other things.
The comp points you earn count as double when you use them to book a room. The other 3 casinos do not let you do this.

Overall, I recommend it only because of the FREE rooms. Free is free!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

Spanish Fork, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

If you look back, I wrote a review on the Nugget about a year ago. OMG have things gone down hill since then. I used to stay only at the Nugget and in my last review I said what a great place it was. I had a ladies' retreat here in September, we all wanted patio rooms with direct access to the pool. In my previous review, I said to be sure to ask for the upgraded rooms...well the pool rooms are certainly "upgraded". In our 10 or so rooms that the ladies occupied, probably 80% of the handles to the sliding glass doors were missing....talk about a fire trap! One room had the smoke detector ripped from the wall and was hanging from a wire. One of the drapes going to the sliding glass door with no handles was ripped and hanging by a thread (see the photos I posted) My friend's room next to mine looked clean enough but when she accidentally pulled the bottom sheet off, to her horror, the side of the mattress and the box springs were covered with blood or red punch or something..it looked like someone had been murdered in that bed! The showers were filthy and moldy. One TV had a bunch of wires hanging out the front of it, and there was SOMETHING that smelled like a lady's home hair permanent coming from my sink. I poured hot water, cold water, ice and coffee grounds down the sink to get rid of the smell to no avail. Like I said, our rooms went right out to the pool. The grass outside our rooms was so overwatered that it reeked like mildew. The sprinklers were so mal-adjusted that they sprayed right into our rooms if the sliding glass doors were open, broken glass was all over the deck at the pool. Leaves, dirt, sticks and debris was in the pool and Hot Tub. One elevator was broken and the other smelled of urine and vomit.

The most disappointing part, however was that I emailed the hotel after my stay telling them of all the freakish problems. I would think I would have at least gotten a reply. BEFORE this last trip with the girls, the hotel emailed me several times telling me that any problems would be fixed before I came out (I had a site inspection before my trip where I pointed out some minor problems) They promised our girls retreat would be a perfect success... Ummmmmm no. They couldn't even bother to email me after they got their meat hooks into my pocketbook.... I was horrified that I told the girls that the Nugget was the place to stay. I won't stay there again and my friends won't either, that's for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
The Wild West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I stayed in the main section not the tower and could not have been more pleased. The shower pressure was amazing. Tv's were large and worked well with good channels. The beds were clean and comfortable. The front desk employees were helpful and personable. I was disappointed in the so called VIP services. If you were not a "gold" member forget getting any help from the two women. Doreen in the gift shop was so helpful with getting me a players card. I read the reviews bit chose to stay here since the "big 3" rooms were over 100 more a night. I had no regrets. I was pleased. I left the pit early as the bosses seemed and appeared so mon caring. If the main boss, buddy would have smiled the place would have collapsed. I will fo back and stay here. I enjoyed the slots. I see they were adding some new ones finally after two or three years.

• Stayed November 2010
Layton, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Nugget on Friday Nov 19, 2010. We were there to see the country group Little Big Town. I had my doubts about this place because of all the negative reviews on this board so I drove out to Wendover a couple of weeks prior to check it out for myself. They let me see two rooms.
The first was directly off the Atrium above the casino. Not a thing wrong with this room. 2 queen beds, pillow top mattresses, wide screen TV, oversized tub, plenty large enough room and a semi private deck which overlooked the Atrium. Everything worked, it was clean furniture was new. I was blown away considering what I thought it would look like from the reviews on this site .
The second was not impressive at all. It was out on the perimiter of the hotel, the hallways and elevator were dirty, the room was unimpressive, basic full beds with thin pillows and small bathroom, the TV was a basic 24 inch tube television and the furniture and carpet had seen better days. I would not stay in one of those rooms (and maybe that is where the bulk of the bad reviews are coming from) but I did go back and book the first room. We had a great stay, no problems at all. I paid 82.00 on a Friday night which is about what we normaly pay when we stay at the Peppermill or Rainbow. Our room was every bit as comfortable as the remodeled rooms at the Peppermill. The staff was great as well. Very helpful and friendly. I would definitley recommend this hotel as long as you stay above the casino in the main part of the property close to the Atrium. We did not eat or gamble there so I can not speak to those issues. The whole reason we stayed there and not one of the other big 3 is because they raised there rates by about 40% for that weekend. We were told they did that because of a big poker tournament that was going on and rooms were going fast. I'm glad, because we found a gem of a place. By the way the shuttle picks you up there and will take you to the concert hall or any of the other big 3 casinos and back again.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Disgusting! (Room M448). Uncomfortable beds, lumpy pillows, dark & dingy. However, we were only there for 1 night so put up with it - until morning. Went to use the shower to find the tap was hanging off! No shower, no water. Phoned the desk but no help there. They couldn't care less. Suggested we wait until 11 am when the manager would arrive and they would maybe call the engineer!! Great help. So washed up at the sink, only 1 washcloth & 2 towels available. Then went for breakfast!! Another !@#$%^&* experience.. 2 tables occupied and almost every other table full of dirty dishes - I am NOT exaggerating! We waited to be seated - per the sign- but finally went to the kitchen door where we could see and hear 5 staff talking and drinking coffee. Finally able to get a coffee for ourselves. Checked out at the desk where I requested the name of the manager. Have written to "Dawn McCollum, Manager & Hotel Director, but no answer. No surprise there. Casino was old and dingy. Can't think of any positives to say about this place. Do not stay there!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!