“Pretty good for Wendover!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino
You added Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino to your Saves list
680 Wendover Boulevard, West Wendover, NV 89883   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in West Wendover
Farr West
“Pretty good for Wendover!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We came to celebrate our anniversary by attending the Charlie Daniels Band concert on July 18th. We loved the Concert Hall. It's a great place to attend a concert. Charlie Daniels was great, pushing 80 but still going strong! Amazing! We stayed at the Pepper mill, our room was nice, clean, no problems. The seafood buffet however, was not so great. My husband said none of the fish he ate was worth what we paid. He said the crab legs were like rubber and the shrimp was dry. He was very disappointed in the quality and taste of all the fish he tried. I love salad, how can you screw that up? What I ate was okay, I was just surprised at the lack of variety. Only iceberg lettuce, very few add one's. I also had a piece of steak w/ mushrooms on top. Steak was really tough and dry. The carved turkey breast was good though, as was the chocolate mousse pie and German chocolate cake we had for dessert. We'll do a concert again sometime, and stay at the Pepper mill. We'll just eat elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My wife and I had such a good time on our first trip in April we decided to come back ASAP which landed us in Wendover on 4th of July weekend. This time we stayed at the Peppermill. An unexpected change happened at Seatac Airport before we flew out. Instead of checking in at the US Airways counter desk to get our boarding passes like last time, we checked in at the United counter. You have to be a real sleuth because nobody at the airport really knows about these Allegiant flights to Wendover and they don't do a very good job putting up signs to let you know where to check in at. Once again it was an enjoyable flight but did not win any prizes again. :( We arrived at the Peppermill via the free shuttle from the airport in timely fashion and breezed right through checkin since they have everything ready and waiting upon your arrival. We reserved the Sierra Suite which we were very excited to see. Unfortunately our room was at the end of the hall which was quite a walk. Like previous reviews, the walks to these rooms can become laborious especially if you do it several times a day so if you want to avoid the walk, request for a room closer to the front desk. Our room was amazing! It had a jacuzzi tub, bar and two flat screen TV's! Because the room was so great, my wife and I decided to just stay in our first night. The 4th of July was great! Parade at 11am, a food festival across at the park and fireworks at night. Wendover puts on a great show! The weather for the whole trip was perfect. 95-100 during the day and 60-65 at night. We spent one day at the pool at Montego Bay which you are permitted to do if you stay at the main three. Be sure to get there early so you can get a chair. Once again my wife and I took full advantage of the free shuttles that take you to all 5 of the casinos. Saturday night the Red Garter showed the UFC fight in one of their conference rooms so if you are into MMA, you can catch the fights out there as well. It was a great experience. $10 to get in and $5 for an all you can eat buffet. Speaking of buffets, the buffet at the Peppermill was amazing as well and the $3.99 breakfast is a great value. Had great service like last time but unfortunately this time we did not come home winners. We will probably wait till next year to come back to stay at the final of the main three the Rainbow. Thanks again Wendover for another great trip!

Room Tip: Save yourself a long walk to your room and request for a room close to the front desk otherwise it c...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I spent the night at the Peppermill. It was smoking in the lobby due to the proximity to the casino. The casino was crowded and very noisy people look like they're having a good time. The room I had was on the fourth floor. It was clean neat very spacious for $65 a night it was very nice it overlooked the parking lot which is very crowded with limited parking. Very difficult to maneuver with the trailer. The casino was very loud but for the distance of my room from the casino it was not a problem.

Room Tip: The further from the casino the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Pueblo West, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This hotel has good beds, quiet rooms. However, the maintenance is a little short. Wallpaper was peeling off of the walls in the bathroom and a number of lights were burned out. The room was clean and spacious, given the cheap prices. The slots are very tight. The hotel staff was very disinterested, had to wait awhile to check-in because the clerks were talking to each other.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Star Prairie, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Took the flight package and opted to stay at the Peppermill this trip. Rooms were not as pictured on their website. They pictured them similar to the Tuscany Tower rooms at the Peppermill in Reno (which are awesome by the way). These rooms were nothing like that! I had asked for a refrigerator and did not get one. Also be prepared to walk a very long distance to and from the casino from your room. The casino itself is nice although slots were extremely tight! They did have a nice variety though. Couldn't get a waitress for a drink to save my life! I have gone to Wendover before and will next time go back to the Rainbow. Rainbow doesn't have the nicest rooms either but were clean and comfortable and the staff are very nice with waitresses that actually come around. If a really nice room is important to you (I don't spend that much time in it), Montego Bay might be your best bet. Also, the Peppermill does not have a pool but they said we could take the shuttle to the Rainbow and use their pool. Think not. Hauling a change of clothing and wet towels and suits back and forth on the shuttle would not be good. Shuttle service does run to and from the different casinos about every 20 minutes but many times they are full and you have to wait for the next one. Be prepared to gamble on your stay because there isn't much else to do. I do love to gamble, so that's ok with me, but if you're looking for other things to do ... not much folks! We did book an ATV trip, but weather did not cooperate and it was unfortunately cancelled.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Amarillo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The flights are cheap enough and the hotel is clean. The food and drinks are outrageously priced but you drink free if you're gambling. They have the tightest slots I've ever seen. Not even enough give to make it fun. This was my first trip and will probably be my last.

• Stayed July 2014
Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,720 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stopped here for lunch and to play a bit on my drive from Park City, Utah to Elko, Nevada. This is a very nice Peppermill - I liked it more than the Peppermill at Reno.

They had a variety of slots to play, table games, etc.

Lunch at the buffet was good.

Since I was stopping mid day on a week day, it was very easy to find a free parking spot close to the door of the casino.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover
3.0 of 5 stars 71 reviews

Been to Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!