“Avoid” 1 of 5 stars

Edgewood, New Mexico
24 attraction reviews
“Avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Walked in and was ignored. Tried to find players club but was closed sign said go to gift shop. At gift shop was a teenage male who didn't have a clue what to do or say. Left. Not many people playing at games. needs a complete overhaul including staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“POOR SERVICE = CHEAP PRICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

WOW... Really poor service and rude team members at this West Wendover Casino... My wife and I went to the bar and started playing video poker. I was showing my wife how to play so we were using one machine. The first Bartender came over and served us a couple of white wines. As we continued playing a second Bartender came over and said we couldn't have TWO drinks if we were only playing ONE machine and he continued to give us attitude about it... I am in the hospitality business so I was shocked that this was really happening over a 3oz glass of cheap house wine! So I told him we would of course pay for the second wine and I pulled back the $3 tip and put $5 out for the wine. He asked me, and I quote "did you really just pull back my tip"? I was again shocked and said the $5 was for the second drink! He then went to the second Bartender and told him "did you see what those people did? They pulled back our tip"! I told the Bartender he was a jerk and took a picture to post on-line of the poor service. He immediately called for security and had me and my wife removed from the casino! WOW... Since I have been in the business for over 30 years I gave the security officer my Business Card and asked for the General Manager. They took my card and refused to let me talk to any upper management. This is a poorly managed Hotel/Casino and we walked across the street to "MontegoBay" were the staff was much more Hospitable....! So the moral of the story is, All the West Wendover Casino's are older and dated but don't spend your money in the Hotel/Casino that has poor-rude service and team members! And that is exactly what the NUGGET provides....!

Seattle
8 attraction reviews
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We arrived in town and thought it looked nice. Checked in. The front desk was friendly. We got to our 7th room floor and the AC had been turned off. We turned it on full blast because the room was very hot. We went downstairs to the cafe for dinner. The staff is rude and inattentive. Our waiter just could care less and pretty much tossed our food and drinks on the table and walked away. He returned and put the bill on the table without asking us if we wanted anything else. After dinner we went to gamble. We played blackjack. The dealers were fun and friendly. No drink service though. We were at the table for at least 45 minutes and we never saw a waitress. No one around us had drinks.

We went to a bar to have one of our free drinks we got at check in. Again. Service was very rude and dismissive. We drank our beverage at the bar and paid for poker at the machine. But that didn't seem to matter. So it wasn't like we grabbed the free drink and left.

We returned to our room and it was still hot. We complained about the AC and they sent a maintenance guy. He came. Did something and left. We waited an appropriate amount of time. No change. I returned downstairs and asked for a room that the AC worked or to give our money back so we can go somewhere else. The gal gave us a new room. We went to the room. Same thing. The AC had been turned off and was absolutely hot. We checked our room again to see if the temp dropped. It hadn't. So we returned to the front desk and demanded our money back. They
Agreed to refund the money.
We returned to our room and repacked.
As we waited for the elevator a manager was by the 7th floor elevators as well. She was calling on her radio for the maintenance guys. They arrived and she removed a picture off a wall wanting to know who had put the picture there. Behind the picture was written "HO". She told the group the picture had been intentionally placed there by someone to hide the graffiti. She wanted to know who did it. We were standing right there waiting for the elevator. Totally inappropriate.

Also. There a sky bridge between the nugget and the hotel across the street. The sky bridge reeked of marijuana.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We love the layout of the rooms in conjunction with the casino floor. It is very easy to navigate. The staff are very accommodating to us for the special needs of our elderly family members.

Visited June 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
“Pretty tight”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Casino was pretty tight. Didn't see many winners. Could not play long for my money. Not many people in casino either.

Visited May 2014